Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I called Comcast about these stations and as usual, they knew nothing. From what I've read, NBA-TV is full HD. On Comcast's website it says that it's available, but not sure if that is the HD version, or just the SD version. Any ideas?

Also, when the Comcast rep was listing off HD channels, she didn't mention the NFL station. Is this part of their HD package?

I'm in Plymouth, MN BTW.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
NFL Network doesn't have a full time HD channel but [hopefuly] Comcast'll show some of the games in HD on INHD or HDSE as well as the NBA-TV games[hopefully we'll get a NBA-TVHD channel at some point].

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
In Baltimore, channel 254 is labelled NFL HD. (It replaced HD Special Events). Three NFL Network games are listed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The NFL-HD channel is up and running 24/7. Some Comcast systems only put it on when there is the true HD progamming. The NBA HD channel will be up in October.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Comcast is jerking their customers around!!

Here in Jacksonville, Comcast ran the NFL network HD channel (exclusive, not INHD simulcast) during the week leading up to the Super Bowl, & then "poof"...it was gone Monday morning. Even though the HD content was mediocre, it only goes to show Comcast has the capacity to add more HD channels but will probably not do so until D* becomes more competive.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoss
Comcast is jerking their customers around!!

Here in Jacksonville, Comcast ran the NFL network HD channel (exclusive, not INHD simulcast) during the week leading up to the Super Bowl, & then "poof"...it was gone Monday morning. Even though the HD content was mediocre, it only goes to show Comcast has the capacity to add more HD channels but will probably not do so until D* becomes more competive.

They did that on my system in Pittsburgh as well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro
They did that on my system in Pittsburgh as well.
Comcast systems that don't have an HD Special events channel are most likely carrying these games on INHD 2.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
We have an HDSE channel but all they're showing at the moment are color bars.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have channel 208, which is named inHD2 and my guide shows inHD2 programming (inhd2 is really 175), but going to it used to say "high-def special events", now it's just blacked out. I think this used to be used for sports home games before Comcast Sports Net got its own channel

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoIrish
Comcast systems that don't have an HD Special events channel are most likely carrying these games on INHD 2.
Unfortunately my bandwidth-starved 550mhz system doesn't offer INHD2, either.

Oh how I cannot wait for the analogs to go away.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
We have a great local site run by avs'er radiocranium. www.hdtvtwincites.com . You might ask your question there.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidream
Can't find the NFL-HD in the Detroit area.
It's on channel 200, but will go away after the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balazer
NFLHD is channel 200 on my Comcast system right now.
Have you seen any HD programming yet? I haven't.

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H
Have you seen any HD programming yet? I haven't.
Yes, I have. Yesterday, I caught the tail end of Game of the Week in HD, it profiled the PIT vs. IND game. I forget what time I was watching, most likely between 5 PM and 8 PM, but the guide data was incorrect for what was being shown.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Like we need yet more frickin overkill analysis, what a waste! Comcast can barf up some rehashed games going back 40 years on channel 200 and yet they cannot bring us new HD Channels with original content - anyone needing yet more analysis and chatter needs a 12 step program - put something on that damn 200 channel that's new. We already have ESPN and the locals overkilling this game and we needed more "Much Ado About Nothing" The Teams will be great as will the game but we already have every local channel, HBO, and ESPN rehashing the same old things for 14 DAYS and they cannot bring us something new on that damn channel 200 - CHEAP COMCAST!

Really ticked me off that they made room for another channel yet to find that's it's nothing original when 202 is ESPN why in the world would we need a repeat and yet more interviews and blah blah - you obviously have room for more so dammit bring it on after all half their HD Channels probably hold the record for number of reruns that possibly could be forced upon customers as they repeat the programs endlessly! :mad: GO STEELERS! :D

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Looks like this is only for the Detroit area. Hasn't shown up in Baltimore.

Comcast Corp. and the NFL Network have some big plans for the “Big Game.â€

With Super Bowl XL scheduled for Ford Field in Detroit Feb. 5, the nation’s largest MSO and the pro-pigskin programmer are looking to execute a game plan aimed at raising their profiles in the area and with visitors embarking to “Motown†for the National Football League’s championship contest.

In addition to presenting 11 billboards and 10 co-branded bus wraps in the area, the parties are teaming up on an effort that will reposition NFL Network -- which is providing 100 hours of Super Bowl-related coverage, 60 of them live, during the week of the game -- from digital to analog from Jan. 23-Feb. 7. The channel will also feed NFL Network HD full-time to Comcast systems in the DMA.

NFL Network vice president of affiliate sales and marketing Art Marquez said 295 area hotels, representing nearly 27,000 rooms in the Detroit market, will have access to NFL Network, with Comcast providing service to 230 of them.

The cable company will also serve as the backbone provider to the Super Bowl media center, providing high-speed-Internet access and Wi-Fi service and giving journalists a look at NFL Network on Demand.

At the annual Motown Winter Blast festival, Comcast will have a display area that will screen the network’s HD and on-demand product.

NFL Network and Comcast are also giving away a pair of Super Bowl tickets at the “NFL Experience,†the league’s fan fest at Cobo Hall, on the Friday night before the game. Those who sign up for the on-site giveaway can examine Comcast’s advanced services at its truck parked there.

On game day, Comcast will “brand-wrap†the Sunday Detroit News and Detroit Free Press. And in the stadium, the MSO will showcase the company’s video and high-speed services.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I wondered what Comcast would be doing with the bandwidth occupied by the NFL Network in HD once they removed the channel. So I checked tonight: they are transmitting Universal HD.

Whoops, nevermind. I guess this is old news.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.