AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
No way D* will broadcast that many HD games. It would take away from their NBA package.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think this is a mistake. The HD schedule shown is identical to the list that shows all the games planned for NBA TV. Unless they plan to show every NBA TV game in HD. That would be awesome, but I don't think that is the case. Hopefully I'm wrong!

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm just guessing, but i think it is the real schedule for this year. I'm a huge pacers fan, and all the games listed there are in fact games for this season. I checked it against the offical pacers schedule for this season. I'm guessing that they have the wrong season listed on the page by accident. I do believe that nbatv was to offer quite a few games this year in HD. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgolf
No way D* will broadcast that many HD games. It would take away from their NBA package.
YES thats the HD SChEDULE! I guess you guys are forgetting that last year NBATV made a deal with TURNER Broadcaster to provide all HD feeds for them during the 05-06 year! SEE LINK: http://www.nbdlaustin.com/nba_tv/NBA...33312-466.html

NBA TV TO GO FULL-TIME HD IN FALL 2005 THROUGH FACILITIES OF TURNER BROADCASTING

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and the National Basketball Association have reached an agreement to have NBA TV's domestic and international channel and commercial integration operations originate from Turner's Atlanta network operations headquarters, it was announced today by NBA Entertainment President Adam Silver and TBS, Inc. Executive Vice President of Operations & Strategy Jim McCaffrey. Through the new arrangement, the NBA will distribute NBA TV in high-definition 24-hours a day beginning fall 2005.

The new arrangement between the longtime partners means that NBA TV program integration will be managed at Turner's network operations center and will be distributed both domestically and internationally. NBA TV programming is produced in its Secaucus, New Jersey facility, which houses all of the NBA's digital media initiatives, including the NBA.com Network of 60 web sites.

In addition to high-definition distribution, NBA TV will be distributed in standard-definition and international formats, and will include all state-of-the-art technologies available.

Now in their 21st year as partners, Turner Broadcasting and the NBA have maintained one of the longest on-going unions between a league and a television broadcaster in sports television history.

"This deal allows us to advance our equity stake in NBA TV, as well as to further our outstanding long-term partnership with the NBA," says McCaffrey. "It's an excellent way to advantage NBA TV through our exceptional infrastructure, benefits of scale and innovative use of technology that Turner is known for throughout the industry."

With this new arrangement, NBA TV joins an elite group of networks broadcasting full time in high-definition," says Silver. Turner Broadcasting, throughout its 21-year relationship with the NBA, has been dedicated to providing viewers with the highest quality presentation of our game, and this deal furthers that commitment.?

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news, entertainment and sports product around the world and a leading provider of programming to the basic cable industry.

NBA TV is available through 6 of the top 10 cable and satellite giants including Comcast, Time Warner, Cox Communications, Cablevision, DIRECTV and DISH Network. It can also be seen in 39 other countries, including France, Russia, Hong Kong, and throughout the Middle East. Launched in 1999, NBA TV is a fan's all-access channel for everything basketball offering exciting new technology (i.e., High-Definition, Video-on-Demand), more than 20 original series programs (i.e., NBA TV Insiders, Fantasy Hoops, Basketball International, Real Training Camp), more than 200 games -- NBA (50 in HD this season), WNBA, NBDL, Euroleague, Entertainers Basketball Classic -- exclusive coverage of major events (i.e., NBA All-Star, The Finals, NBA Draft), news from around the world of basketball, nightly highlights, top plays of the day, interviews with the game's insiders, plus real-time statistics and the latest fantasy basketball and video game news.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Truth
I don't think that's the HD schedule yet because it says "2004-2005" on top of 'High Definition'
But look at the bottom of the webpage.

it says

"created: Aug 8 2005 3:11PM"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Anybody know if blackout rules apply for this channel? I get so p*ssed when my local team is broadcast on ESPN-HD and it's blacked out because I have to watch the game on my crappy non-HD local Fox Sports Net. :mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have I/O and I live in CT. How can I find out if they will offer NBATV in HD? Right now they seem to only have 18 channels (NBATV is not one of the HD they offer)?

Is their a chance they offer it in HD by season beggining?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, I have been wondering who carries NBAHD. Is it refferred to with different call letters?

I check out the site titantv and when I ask for HD content only for all of my local options or when I try a larger market like New York, zilch comes up for NBAHD or the games that the site says are broadcast in HD.

I have Comcast and do have 2 NBA tv channels. One works correctly, and the other does not display a picture but does have sound. (which is like most HD feed stations)

Is the HD station just called NBA tv? It gives no indication besides it's not working that it is a HD station.

I'm very interested in the NBA and I want to watch every single game in HD. If anybody has a link to a thread with more NBA HD information please hook me up.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Comcast has not added NBA TV HD so far.

I'm surprised nobody on this forum has inside information about it.

They have an HD preseason game in four days. I guess we'll find out then.

·
Premium Member
35,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa2001
Yes, I have been wondering who carries NBAHD. Is it refferred to with different call letters?
Dish Network has a channel labeled "NBAHD" on CH 9466. There hasn't been anything on it for the 2 mos I've had Dish, but there hasn't been and NBA games either.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
E* channel 9466 (NBATV-HD) is active only when there is a game in HD. It was last season and it should go live next Tuesday (oct 11) at 7 PM for the Houston @ Philadelphia.

·
Premium Member
35,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter L.
E* channel 9466 (NBATV-HD) is active only when there is a game in HD. It was last season and it should go live next Tuesday (oct 11) at 7 PM for the Houston @ Philadelphia.
So will this channel carry the games that are listed as being on the NBATV-HD list?

Didn't have Dish last year but if so it just makes my decision to get it pay off even more.. :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgolf
Why would it take away from NBALP when they are simulcasts.

The only reason D* may not carry some if not all would be its bandwidth restriction. Now if only D* would carry TNTHD...

As far as blackouts, your local broadcaster has the rights meaning you won't see your local team on NBATV, home and road games.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.