AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed it is in correct aspect ratio with side bars on 35.1 for the first time as far as I can remember. No longer the ugly stretched 4x3. Hope it last so I can start watching some of their shows. Of course only HD will make a real difference.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It happened this morning, when KCRA switched to MSNBC coverage of the plane crash, and they kept with it all day so far! I sent an email to the GM, engineering dept, and programming dept letting them know that I like it!

I have an XBR400, so this AR allows for the most flexibility.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't remember why I turned the guide off on my DTC100 last time which was quite some time ago, but will be happy to turn it back on and find out about 3.1. I also noticed 61.1 (ABC KXTV) signal was much weaker than all other Sacto digital stations. Are they using the new but low tower next to US50 and Stockton Blvd.? Looked like a radio tower to me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I get all the digital channels with 95+-5% strength from Folsom. I still have a problem of not being able to receive 58 and 3 at the same time (w/ Dish 6000). Any other Dish users still have this problem?

Byas

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I too noticed it last night when I switched to 3.1 for Conan O'Brien. Couldn't believe it! Noticed the complete guide as well. I sure hope they don't go back to their old ways. It should make for an improved West Wing tomorrow night. Not HDTV but definitely better than analog on my Sony.

·
Registered
868 Posts
KXTV's analog and digital (61) broadcast antennas are at the top of one of the 2000 foot towers near walnut grove. KXTV and KOVR broadcast from the same tower. The tower near the intersection of US50 and I5 is used for microwave transmit and receive antennas only. No broadcast television or radio signals are transmitted from this tower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.