AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if NBC is back to doing SD programming, and not putting out their 1080i signal on their digital channels. The last few shows that were supposed to be in HD from the Buffalo OTA station ahve not been. I am very annoyed, no Boomtown for me tonight i guess :(

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
NBC has been back to HD for weeks, call the local station.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
San Diego's NBC HD station did not show "American Dreams" in HD tonight either. They did have it in HD last week. Any other areas lose NBC HD Sunday night?

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,185 Posts
Boomtown was in HD in Baltimore and DC last night. I did notice some technical glitches with WBAL-DT's encoder shortly after the midpoint of the program.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
American Dreams and Boomtown were in HD in NYC. Criminal Intent was not, but I think it was an older repeat made before they went HD.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In Phoenix, American dreams was in all sorts of formats before settling down to 1080i HDTV. There seems to be a local switching/routing problem on the DTV channel when they opt in & out of network commercials originated in Burbank. At the beginning of the show, Master control last night was going to the up-convert NTSC feed to get them out of trouble. After the first 15 minutes the HD was fine and the SD feed was uninterrupted throughout.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Checked Portland last night and it was SD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.