AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night it was "Las Vegas". Now it's Law & Order: SVU.

Dead air, black screen for a minute. Then a 4:3 picture instead of widescreen.

Come on, NBC! Because of Comcast's refusal to negotiate with ABC and CBS, I'm stuck with you for the time being. But don't count on viewers like me having infinite patience with your monkeyshines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happened here in Grand Rapids, MI. I'm Tivo'ing NYPD Blue and thought I'd watch SVU in HD.... guess I should have switched programs.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
^^^ Hey kelmk, you need to edit your profile so that we know what city you're in, because many parts of the country had no problems with Frasier. Here in Washington, DC (WRC-DT channel 48-2) Frasier was glitch-free and looking great for the full hour, but not Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Let's hope the geniuses in the NBC control room remember that L&O: SVU is supposed to be broadcast in HDTV for next week's episode. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Same story as you, Scott.

Frasier appeared to be 16:9 the whole time (didn't watch it all), and now SVU is in 4:3. Oh, well. Let's see what things are like tomorrow.

It would be nice to see what NYPD Blue was like, but it's Comcast.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I hope someone at NBC reads this: Because L&O: SVU was *not* in HD, I did not watch it and therefore I did not see their advertisers. There! I feel better now.

Rgds,

JohnW

P.S. One thing HD has forced me to do is watch commercials again. After a year of Tivo, I can't believe I have to do that for now. I can't wait for HD Directivo!!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kwhittenberger
Watching Frasier here in Seattle and it's definitely not HD here either.
Weird - the Whoopie thing and the show after it were HD here in San Fran but Frasier is 4:3 right now... :(

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Phloyd
Weird - the Whoopie thing and the show after it were HD here in San Fran but Frasier is 4:3 right now... :(

Cheers!

DAve.
Let me correct myself - now it is HD!

Actually, it seems that this is the second episode for the evening - the first was 4:3, this one is 16:9.

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm a big Kellie Martin fan and I was bummed that L&O wasn't in HD. Since it seems that all the NBC stations had the SD feed, does that mean that everyone receives it at once? (i.e. does the program get delivered by satellite to all the stations at the same time?)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
All of tonight's shows where in HD here in the bay area (Whoopie, Frasier, Happy, L&O SVU) and they didn't have the bad PQ of last night during LV.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jwehman
I hope someone at NBC reads this: Because L&O: SVU was *not* in HD, I did not watch it and therefore I did not see their advertisers. There! I feel better now.

Rgds,

JohnW

P.S. One thing HD has forced me to do is watch commercials again. After a year of Tivo, I can't believe I have to do that for now. I can't wait for HD Directivo!!
Heh--same here. As soon as I saw it was 4:3, I turned it off, came back later, and watched it on TiVo, 30-second-skipping the commercials.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Our Master Control says NBC fed black with the NBC logo (standard filler they use during local breaks) for the first 15 minutes of "Law and Order:SVU".

Maybe an NBC automation screwup.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Frasier was in HD here on comcast Danbury until the first commerical than went to SD. Same thing happened on the second 1/2 hour as well. We get the NYC feed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote:
All of tonight's shows where in HD here in the bay area
Same with Seattle, via BEV. Guess they corrected whatever problem plagued the Eastern broadcasts. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing the rest of the week.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.