AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I have been getting used to over the past few years, one of the highlights of the hockey season has been hockey day in Canada. As the day, and the especially the coverage blows any American coverage of hockey away. Well, not only did D* not begin the coverage at noon, like they have in the past, but now the first game, that was to begin at 2pm is currently not being covered. Thanks again D*!

Joe

· Premium Member
3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homcom /forum/post/0

The CBC feed of the game is not on Comcast Center Ice either. Does this have to do with NBC being the only ones allowed to show games in the US right now? The pregame HDIC stuff was on Comcast.

That should NOT be and issue for people with the Center Ice Package. That's why I pay for it.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly, its one of the few main reasons why I shell out the $ to get it. This is really, really pissing me off. If the reason is that its a hockey black out! God help hockey. Don't they realize nobody gives a s#%t about hockey, they need all the views they can get!

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called d* they they have it all figured out... ur well, the genius rep said that its blacked out said its because I live so close to the game and the game isn't sold out. Before I lost it I said please transfer me to someone that could answer my logical question in a logical manner without some complete line of BS. She did, I just got off the phone, on hold for 20 minutes, no one ever answered. Excellent!

· Registered
3,653 Posts
Come on guys, if Center Ice isn't carrying the games then how is this DirecTV's fault? Someone already posted that Center Ice on Comcast doesn't have it either. The providers can't show what isn't provided to them by Center Ice.

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldmaga /forum/post/0

According to NBC's TV contract, when they are showing regional coverage, they own the exclusive window...

This operates much like MLB EI, where Fox blackouts every game broadcast during it's regional coverage.

That is pathetic, I figured that was the case, its just hard to believe. This isn't Canada. The NHL needs every viewer it can get here. They are really F'ing this up. Especially today... in my opinion this is the best reg. season of the NHL with HDIC, and with this bs rule, its been screwed up.

· Registered
3,653 Posts
There was a report on DBSTalk that now that NBC's coverage is over the Center Ice game for Hockey Day is now opened up.

Certainly seems like the blame here is totally on NBC's shoulder.

· Premium Member
6,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehren /forum/post/0

yeah NBC is showing NHL coverage all on Sunday's this year except the 1st week of games they choose Saturday to conflict with CBC HDIC. Freakin morons!

Yeah I'm sure that is NBC reason for showing games on Saturday this week. I have a feeling it is more to do with not wanting to go up against NFL playoffs head to head.

· Registered
2,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 /forum/post/0

There was a report on DBSTalk that now that NBC's coverage is over the Center Ice game for Hockey Day is now opened up.

Certainly seems like the blame here is totally on NBC's shoulder.

NBC's shoulder?

It seems to me to be a NHL call. NBC bought exclusivity, if it wasn't for sale they couldn't have. Get it?

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster /forum/post/0

NBC's shoulder?

It seems to me to be a NHL call. NBC bought exclusivity, if it wasn't for sale they couldn't have. Get it?

Couldn't agree more, this is on the NHL. Problem is they didnt have a bargaining chip at all, either way, as mentioned earlier a compromise would be to either not have a game today, or make a blackout exception today only. Either way, poor job NHL.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,773 Posts
Although I can sympathise with those in the US who couldn't get the earlier Hockey Day In Canada games, I don't think it's too hard to understand the lack of availability in the US, with the NBC games having national exclusivity.

For those who are unwilling to accept the contractual constraints of the US version of Center Ice, I have two words: Bell ExpressVu.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.