AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with reception of NBC 10-1. Since yesterday morning, I've had problems. My receiver tries to bring in the channel, but the incoming signal is breaking up constantly. Prior to this problem, my reception of 10-1 has been rock solid. I am having absolutely no problems with the other channels - 3, 6, 12, and 29....I'm located in north Wilmington about 22 miles from the roxborough transmitters.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been experiencing the same problem here in Pottstown. Shortly after the announcement from the FCC allowing reduced transmitting power I started experiencing these problems with WCAU-DT and with PBS channel 62 out of the Lehigh valley. The rest of the local channels appear fine. 90+ signal strength on a DTC-100.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted an email to them this afternoon advising them that I was experiencing problems and asking if there has been any recent change to their broadcasting conditions. I'm hoping that they have the courtesy to reply. It's turning out to be a big problem for me because of the impact it has on my receiver (panasonic tuhds20). I'm going to have to delete the channel until the reception issue improves. Turns out for me the channel is just strong enough for the receiver to keep trying to lock in on the signal, making it next to impossible to switch to another channel. I'm at the point where essentially all that I watch is local digital or directv, so I guess I'm going to have to watch CBS and ABC until they get their act together....

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
They do return emails. I sent one to ask them if they would at least consider finding a way to boost the signal if the Olympics were broadcast in HD as some have rumored.

An executive forwarded it on to a tech who's response was: "Our antenna will not be broadcasting in time for the Olympics."

Took about 2 weeks total for an answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.