AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to get a signal from WCAU (NBC-10) in Philly since last night. Strangely the set-top box shows that it is receiving a strong signal -- but there is no picture.

Anyone else seeing this?

Perhaps they are in the process of finally moving the transmitter? Although the storm today may delay that?

Eric

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JWhip
Fine on Comcast.
Anybody Over the Air? Possibly the line to Comcast exists regardless of moving the over the air transmitter?

I am receiving signal strength, but no picture?

Eric

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nothing but a black screen on WCAU-DT OTA in NE Philly, less than 10 miles and clear line-of-sight to the farm... all other OTAs perfect despite the snow.

I believe I read elsewhere here that Comcast has a direct fiber feed from WCAU.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Comcast does have a direct fiber line. I will check with engineering and let you know if I hear something.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just checked at 7:45 local time and WCAU-DT now has a picture OTA after dropping out sometime late Tuesday night. Now I can watch ER.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I lost it as well. Will take a look this evening. Did not think much of it since it is the weakest signal I get, (even WHYY which is the lowest power does not drop 1/10th as often as CAU).

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is a frequent problem with WCAU-DT. You know their transmitter is working because the logo is visible. I spoke with Engineering about this and the trouble they often have in showing HD programs in HD. It sounds like they have some automatic switching equipment in place that is not routinely checked by the engineers. He promised they would try to check their DTV transmissions more often. He also said they often get poor info from NBC about upcoming HD broadcasts, so WCAU often does not know to check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.