AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we did loose to the tar heels but apparently we are good enough for ESPN to televise our game in High Def on Saturday! ESPN college gameday will be broadcasting from Carter Finley on Saturday. Whoo Hoo! I also checked the ESPNHD schedule and the NC State vs. Florida State game will be in High Def. Check It out!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvl...s/espnhd/index

Oct. 23 ESPN College Football Saturday Primetime

Miami vs. North Carolina State

Carter-Finley Stadium Raleigh, NC USA 7:45 pm to

10:45 pm

Nov. 11 ESPN College Football Primetime Presented By Cooper Tires

Florida State vs North Carolina State

Raleigh, NC, USA 7:30 pm to

10:30 pm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not meaning to offend you or anything, as NC State is my second favorite team in the ACC. But, I think the HD coverage on ESPN is mainly due to NC State's opponents in those games. Florida State and Miami games are almost always nationally televised, which is getting to mean HD more and more often lately. Bummer about losing to the Heels too.

Bring on basketball season! I'm hoping for some good ACC action in HD this year. Unfortunately, with the Sunday Night Fox Sports contract we lose the opportunity for some HD (please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of plans for these to be HD). With a good number of league games the rest of the week being ESPN and the occasional big game on CBS or ABC we may be in for a few HD games. I'm really hoping that with ESPN2 going HD in January and the lack of hockey this year, we'll be seeing an increase in college hoops in general and some more games in HD specifically.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that these games are televised in HD primarily because of the opponents. However, both games are in Raleigh! I thought that ESPN does not like to do game day from the same stadium in the same season. Maybe they won’t do gameday from here on that second Saturday? I think that ESPN selected both of these games for HD coverage because they know that we are about the only team that has a chance to knock off either of these teams in the ACC and they know that we have a great fan base. I think NC State has a good shot at winning one of these games. We always win the games we are not supposed to and then go and blow the games that are gimmies.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Only two problems with the NC State HD game this Saturday:

They are playing Miami.

The game is on against the World Series.

My HD TiVo will be working overtime while I am going back and forth as well as forth and back between the games.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mpgxsvcd
I know that these games are televised in HD primarily because of the opponents. However, both games are in Raleigh! I thought that ESPN does not like to do game day from the same stadium in the same season. Maybe they won’t do gameday from here on that second Saturday? I think that ESPN selected both of these games for HD coverage because they know that we are about the only team that has a chance to knock off either of these teams in the ACC and they know that we have a great fan base. I think NC State has a good shot at winning one of these games. We always win the games we are not supposed to and then go and blow the games that are gimmies.
NC State has a darn good chance to beat either Miami or FSU, especially if T.A. can learn how to play a whole game without getting hurt. T.A., we hardly knew you pal. No telling which FSU team will show up to play so anything is possible. Miami is just bad enought on offense that a good defensive gameplan and offensive gameplan by the opponent could result in a lose for Miami. I hope NC State wins b/c FSU would then be tied with Miami for first place in the conference along with Virginia and NC State.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Yes it is! Our new QB is killing us!
As he demonstrated in the Louisville game, our (Miami) QB, Brock Berlin, is in the habit of killing his team in the first half and the other team in the second half. So far, he has been more effective in the second halves.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:
...I thought that ESPN does not like to do game day from the same stadium in the same season. Maybe they won’t do gameday from here on that second Saturday?...
The reason they won't do Gameday from Raleigh on that second Saturday is because that's a Thursday game. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to somewhat respectfully disagree that jay Davis is not killing us. He is coming along... Philip rivers he is not (there is only one) but he is starting to play good smart football the past 2 and a half games. Losing to the squeals is unacceptable no idea where the #1 defense was that night as our offense was able to put up big numbers yardage wise but failed in the redzone due to suspect play calling in my opinion. If the pack is able to put together a good offensive game and have the D play up to there capability they will give the U a run for there money.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ncsu4life
I have to somewhat respectfully disagree that jay Davis is not killing us. He is coming along... Philip rivers he is not (there is only one) but he is starting to play good smart football the past 2 and a half games. Losing to the squeals is unacceptable no idea where the #1 defense was that night as our offense was able to put up big numbers yardage wise but failed in the redzone due to suspect play calling in my opinion. If the pack is able to put together a good offensive game and have the D play up to there capability they will give the U a run for there money.
OK that makes sense. I just assumed that they were both Saturday games. I guess they didn’t teach us how to use a calendar at State. Oh well 2 HD games in one season is not too bad.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hope we don't beat you too badly on Nov. 11 in High Definition. I just hope someone can beat Miami soon. GO NOLES!!! They look awesome with WYATT SEXTON in there.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
OK, guys, I just have to get on the Amato train here.

If I'm right about how much Chuck likes to play around, I'm feeling like we held TA out against UMd so he's be closer to 100% by this week's game. I've just got this feeling that we'll see a 2002 TA on Saturday, and don't be surprised if Chuck finds a way for Bobby Washington to break one against 'ol Coker. ;)

My only beef with having 2 HD games is that they're both home games. I have no HDTivo, and I won't miss being there short of hospitalization. Oh well, I guess my aisle seat on the 42 yard line will have to do!

I'm going over to Pack Pride now.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The 42 yard line, that's fantastic. I have season ticket seats for the FSU Seminoles on the 30 yard line in Row 15. That ain't too shabby either.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plasmamaniac
The 42 yard line, that's fantastic. I have season ticket seats for the FSU Seminoles on the 30 yard line in Row 15. That ain't too shabby either.
STOP! Why are you doing this to me? You're making me miss Doak S. Campbell and tailgating there in front of the stadium. Walking past the band warming up before the game near the Circus tent. Seeing all of the scantily dressed coeds walk by. Seeing that one drunk guy slur his words all the way into the stadium. Sitting down in the stadium while people keep standing up in front of me. I'm stuck out here in Pac-10 country where the ASU fans think that a tailgate is where you attach a gate to your tail and that football is played 7-on-7.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Antonio--

Do you also miss Wide Right?

Sorry, the demons got the better of me.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjbjr
Antonio--

Do you also miss Wide Right?

Sorry, the demons got the better of me.
Yeah, I miss it like I miss a nagging girlfriend. Also, I miss it like the OB misses 20,000 fans when Miami isn't playing FSU. I guess that is why the City Manager for the City of Miami is proposing to make the OB a 57,000 seat stadium (ballot box issue). I guess I miss Wide Right just as much as Miami misses fan support. When I was living in the Broward-Miami area 3 years ago I could barely tell that people supported Miami. All I saw was Florida and FSU tags and alumni plates. Miami is my second home after Jacksonville so I'll cut you fair weather "U" fans some slack. Oops, did I say that? Sorry, had to do it to ya. We're all pals here. :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Antonio--

Believe it or not, I agree with everything you said. I will even add the pretentiousness of"U".

I am a U Michigan graduate who witnessed two national championships. My support of UM comes only from living in Coral Gables.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjbjr
Antonio--

Believe it or not, I agree with everything you said. I will even add the pretentiousness of"U".

I am a U Michigan graduate who witnessed two national championships. My support of UM comes only from living in Coral Gables.
STOP IT! You're making me have thoughts of the Gables, Coconut Grove, Hialeah, Miami Lakes (where I used to live), Pembroke Pines (where I used to live), Hollywood (that Jazz place in downtown Hollywood is good), Liberty City (hi to my family members), Alaphatta, NW Broward (hi family), Miami Gardens, Deerfield Bch, Sawgrass Mills, Florida City, Miami Beach. Now please don't mention Jacksonville or I will start thinking about Jax Bch (oh the good dinners and get togethers), Atlantic Bch, Orange Park (I love ya baby), Westside (hi to all my peeps and family on the WS), Avenues area, Arlington (I'm glad that I hardly knew ya), downtown (spoken word joint near Main Street and good Jazz place in downtown), San Marco (I can't find a Panera Bread out here in Phoenix), Northside (hi family).

I miss you South Florida and Jacksonville. Hell, I miss all of Florida. Sorry I had to say that. Oh yeah, NC State game will be in hd on Sat. Oh someone already said. HD, HD, HD NC State v. Miami will be a good game in hd. Raleigh is a tough place to play.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PensDevil
But, I think the HD coverage on ESPN is mainly due to NC State's opponents in those games. Florida State and Miami games are almost always nationally televised, which is getting to mean HD more and more often lately.
You are partially right, but if you look at the past three meetings between FSU and NCState, they are probably some of the best games of each year. Not to mention that the Pack has won 2 out of the last 3 and lost the other one in double overtime. State has had one Thursday night game for the past 4 years anyhow...and now all Thursday games are in HD :). As far as Miami, I think ESPN looked at Miamis upcoming schedule and realizes State has about the best chance of anyone outside of maybe VT to beat the Canes....afterall, State does have the NUMBER ONE defense in the country ;).

Quote:
Originally posted by PensDevil
Bring on basketball season! I'm hoping for some good ACC action in HD this year. Unfortunately, with the Sunday Night Fox Sports contract we lose the opportunity for some HD (please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of plans for these to be HD). With a good number of league games the rest of the week being ESPN and the occasional big game on CBS or ABC we may be in for a few HD games. I'm really hoping that with ESPN2 going HD in January and the lack of hockey this year, we'll be seeing an increase in college hoops in general and some more games in HD specifically.
Im hoping for a few ESPNHD appearances for the Pack, but I have to admit I wonder why FOX Sports Net wouldnt do Sunday Night Hoops in high-def since I THINK these games are nationally televised. Of course we dont have FOX Sports South HD yet anyhow, so it might be moot.

Regardless, I just bought a refurbished DVHS recorder to hopefully record some HD Wolfpack football and basketball! Since Ill be at the game Saturday, Ill probably have to record in an extended play though to make sure I get it all...think the quality-loss will be too substantial?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.