AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the forum gettin this?

I just got it earlier, so far this is much improved on last year!

Recruiting seems a whole lot better this year, as does Gameplay, graphics, and overall how fast the game responds to controls.

Eventually i want to play in an online dynasty, but finding the right (Mature) people and settings to do it is hard.

Any 30+ folks or very mature people interested?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent Sir...

My peak hours of playtime would be in the evening during the week.

My schedule is as follows, I work Tues - Friday 0700 - 1700, off weekends.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you are going to run a dynasty, can one person control more then one team on line?????? We had a ncaa league on the ps2 (in person) and each person picked for teams (grade c or lower) and built from there. It was a blast, the four guys in the league did it for four years and we hada whole fine system set up (for lsoing by a blow out) not winning a gmae all day. Anyway the pot was at 2500 after 4 years. We ahd one hell of a party on that championship day. We did it new years night and had a huge party. Anyway im in

·
Registered
964 Posts
This is one of the reasons we bought into Next-Gen... First real NCAA game for the 360

Can you tell I'm enjoying it?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I played 2 games last night. Good fun. Sharp graphics, presentation, gameplay.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I picked up my copy last night, and played a few online battles against one of my friends. They were two hard fought battles. Felt like the way a majority of plays went was very fair. I did not feel like there were plays that were cheap or buggy. This go round is much better than last years effort.

We are looking to get a Online Dynasty going, and only have three people on board so far. So if you are interested send me a PM to gamertag "coffeemugg"

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemugg /forum/post/14300689

I picked up my copy last night, and played a few online battles against one of my friends. They were two hard fought battles. Felt like the way a majority of plays went was very fair. I did not feel like there were plays that were cheap or buggy. This go round is much better than last years effort.

We are looking to get a Online Dynasty going, and only have three people on board so far. So if you are interested send me a PM to gamertag "coffeemugg"

I've never played online, but i'd like to check it out. Just sent you a friends request.

Go gentle on me, I like to play, but I'm not the greatest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen /forum/post/14300221

If you are going to run a dynasty, can one person control more then one team on line?????? We had a ncaa league on the ps2 (in person) and each person picked for teams (grade c or lower) and built from there. It was a blast, the four guys in the league did it for four years and we hada whole fine system set up (for lsoing by a blow out) not winning a gmae all day. Anyway the pot was at 2500 after 4 years. We ahd one hell of a party on that championship day. We did it new years night and had a huge party. Anyway im in

In the 2009 version, You have one commissioner who controls everthing about the dynasty and 11 other players who coach their respective teams in the dynasty. YOu may only control one team per gamertag (gold Account) throughout the dynasty.

Also, in response to your other idea, I bet that was fun. That idea is definitely one i'd like to try some time. Idealy, i'd like to start or play in an online dynasty with 11 other people with the following settings: 7 to 8 minute quarters - reason for this is that in 5 min quarters you make a mistake, and you are done for the most part, no gameplans, no running game, no long drives that result in a touchdown. Basically you are playing for the results, it's like eating a steak and saying your stomach is full, rather than savoring the same steak and taking your time to enjoy it.

Other settings i'd like to see are, have a six conference, 2 teams per conference dynasty. Example: SEC: 2 teams, Big Ten: 2 teams, ACC: 2 teams, Big Twelve: 2 Teams, Pac ten: 2 Teams, Big East: 2 teams etc. - reason is you can schedule some of your open, or easy game dates with an out of conference human opponnent, which combined with your conference human opponent give you approximately 3 to 4 human games during the year, as well as conf. championship games, and ulitimately leading up to playing a human opp. in the BCS National Championship. Therefore, it equates to 4 to 6 human games each season, as well as makes the BIG Games even bigger. It's just a thought of something I've wanted to do.

I've done quite a bit of research on the online dynasty, and still have tons of questions myself. I guess i'll find out when I actually do one. By the way, my skill level would probably be more in line with All american difficulty, as I am decent, not a great player......YET!

·
Registered
366 Posts
hELL LETS DO IT!!! IM in , just let me know . it looks liek we have at least 3 people interested here. If you can run the show as the commish that would be great. We can all schedule each other. My question is what about gmaes that are not person to person. You still play those?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDen /forum/post/14301396

hELL LETS DO IT!!! IM in , just let me know . it looks liek we have at least 3 people interested here. If you can run the show as the commish that would be great. We can all schedule each other. My question is what about gmaes that are not person to person. You still play those?

Yes, you would have to play those offline, and as you finished your week of activities, you would indicate to the "Dynasties Commissioner" that you are ready to advance the week. Once all coaches are finished with their respective activities, then the week can advance.

There is one caveat, if a coach is not ready, and is holding up the progress, then the week can be simmed for him. Example would be if someone goes out of town, or is not able to complete his week, then you just sim his week.

at least this is the way i understand it from reading.

I can run it, or the other coffeemugg had mentioned that he already had one going. If he is gracious enough to invite us, i'd join as well, if i knew the settings etc.

I really don't want a 5 min quarter thing.... I wanna actually formulate a gameplan, rather than hurry up and score first and hope i can hold my opp. ... just for the result.... ahh well you get the point.

Btw, Sounds good to me. If coffeemugg wants to run the dynasty, I'll work on us a web site. I'm new at it, but I'll try to make it as nice as i can. Just let me know!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Smitty,

If you want to run it I say go for it. Seems like you have a solid plan in place for it. I was just tacking a crack at lining up some people for my tiny amount of people that I have interested. we still need to line up a few more people. But you can count me and two others in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittygt /forum/post/14302173

Yes, you would have to play those offline, and as you finished your week of activities, you would indicate to the "Dynasties Commissioner" that you are ready to advance the week. Once all coaches are finished with their respective activities, then the week can advance.

There is one caveat, if a coach is not ready, and is holding up the progress, then the week can be simmed for him. Example would be if someone goes out of town, or is not able to complete his week, then you just sim his week.

at least this is the way i understand it from reading.

I can run it, or the other coffeemugg had mentioned that he already had one going. If he is gracious enough to invite us, i'd join as well, if i knew the settings etc.

I really don't want a 5 min quarter thing.... I wanna actually formulate a gameplan, rather than hurry up and score first and hope i can hold my opp. ... just for the result.... ahh well you get the point.

Btw, Sounds good to me. If coffeemugg wants to run the dynasty, I'll work on us a web site. I'm new at it, but I'll try to make it as nice as i can. Just let me know!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemugg /forum/post/14302489

Smitty,

If you want to run it I say go for it. Seems like you have a solid plan in place for it. I was just tacking a crack at lining up some people for my tiny amount of people that I have interested. we still need to line up a few more people. But you can count me and two others in.

Ok lets do this.... at least tentatively!

email me a list of the following information:

1) Preferred Team:

2) Alternate Team:

3) Gamertag for XBL: (must be gold account)

4) Coach Name: Something you want your coach to be called on the website.

5) Email address:

What i'll do is take the Gamertags with the preferred team, and depending on the cross-section of teams, I'll try to organize it around those. Example: if we have 5 that want SEC teams, and 2 that want Big Ten teams, we'll do a SEC vs. Big ten ......if not... here is how i'd like to set it up....

SEC West: Gamertag

SEC East: Gamertag

Big Ten North:

Big Ten South:

Big Twelve East:

Big Twelve West:

Pac 10:

Pac 10:

Big East:

Big East:

ACC:

ACC:

This gives a good competitive range of teams across the country, provides some rivalries for home in home series, ...It also gives Conference Championship opportunities to Humans not CPU....and same for BCS National Championship, in other words, you don't wanna win the PAC Ten then have to play a CPU team in the BCS championship....at least i wouldnt

I'll find a good rule set as well to follow, and post on another forum to get it full, then we can start..... I think we could start by this weekend... also as previously stated, I'll try to start us a website, as soon as i have all the teams and coaches in place.

Hope that all makes sense...

my email is: [email protected]

gamertag: lsusmitty

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got your email and im in, i went and bought the game today! played one game and lost. Im nto very good but I love the game. The one hting i see being a problem is that the ea servers suck ass

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've read some reviews stating the uniforms for my favorite team, Iowa, are the wrong color. The lettering and numbers on the home uniforms are supposed to be white, but in the game they're yellow.

How the hell does EA make a mistake like that?

Any other bull-crap errors on EA's part in this game?

·
Registered
228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King84 /forum/post/14314660

I've read some reviews stating the uniforms for my favorite team, Iowa, are the wrong color. The lettering and numbers on the home uniforms are supposed to be white, but in the game they're yellow.

How the hell does EA make a mistake like that?

Any other bull-crap errors on EA's part in this game?

Go Hawks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I rented it and am not impressed at all. Same cheesy cost corner cutting by EA, where are the realistic physics? HAVOC engine anybody? Same canned cheesy animations as years past. The campus legend career is so weak, the ability to add stadium sounds is half assed and repetitive, and I cannot believe they don't have voice recognition software built in so the announcer can pronounce your players name.

The game is either hard or very easy, in short the ai sucks. Also, in campus legend career, the game pulls your player out of the lineup if you are running up the score on the opponent. Every time I score 63 points it pulls my QB, so gay

1 - 20 of 56 Posts