AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just picked up the game an hour ago. Much improved from last year. Noticeable difference in the fluidity. The demo is not as fluid as the actual game. I havent had a chance to go play online yet, but there were only 5 people in the EAST lobby before and none in any other.

One weird thing is that during gameplay, the commentators do not talk. They did in the demo. I tried looking through the settings to turn them on, but they were.... weird. Maybe if I restart the game it will work. Anyway, the game does give you that college football feel. Some new animations that are only in NCAA and not Madden.

You have to take the game for what its worth not try and make it something its not. Is it the best college football sim out there, probably not, is it the only next gen college sim out there, YES....

I personally like the audible menus in game, and the pre-snap audibles are way easier to navigate...

Anyone else get the game yet??

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 /forum/post/14288253

Thought it didnt come out til tomorrow?

Me too.

My son has some birthday money to burn. His plan is to get this for the psp as opposed to the ps3
. Time to ground him from my psp

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have NCAA '08 and downloaded the rosters from the net and uploaded last year via USB thumb drive. If the '09 rosters are compatible with '08, I see no need to upgrade other than the online play.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thowe21 /forum/post/14288373

I have NCAA '08 and downloaded the rosters from the net and uploaded last year via USB thumb drive. If the '09 rosters are compatible with '08, I see no need to upgrade other than the online play.

HUH? What about 30 fps vs 60 fps? Thats worth the upgrade alone..

Anyway, do what you what with your money.

Oh by the way, the Rosters that you downloaded will not carry over to 09'.

You will need to wait until those guys get the file created again for this years version. Usually comes out in a few weeks....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 /forum/post/14288253

Thought it didnt come out til tomorrow?

When pre ordering through Gamestop, GameCrazy etc..... It usually comes out the day before everyone else gets it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've heard of numerous problems with NCAA 09. One being that if you import rosters, your console freezes, and teams disappear. Also, there are numerous AI issues, like the worst team being able to pancake block your entire d-line, and the pass-rush being non-existent. In addition, the DB's just "stand up" at times, and watch guys go running right by. Even EA has acknowledged these and is looking into doing a possible patch of the game.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgenius /forum/post/14288877

I've heard of numerous problems with NCAA 09. One being that if you import rosters, your console freezes, and teams disappear. Also, there are numerous AI issues, like the worst team being able to pancake block your entire d-line, and the pass-rush being non-existent. In addition, the DB's just "stand up" at times, and watch guys go running right by. Even EA has acknowledged these and is looking into doing a possible patch of the game.

First, diddnt get it at Gamestop. Usually go to a local mom and pop store and they always have stuff a few days early. Anyways, I have played through 5 complete games so far. I have experienced NONE of the aformention "bugs".

I actually am impressed by the AI even in Varsity mode. I played one game on All-American and it was very hard. But none of those bugs arose either....

The animations are much more fluid, no more running into your O-line and bouncing off they actually stumble a little and keep moving forward....

I know alot of ppl dont buy this because they will wait for Madden. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE college football and have a good time with the endless amounts of matchups in NCAA.....

Anyways if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask...I wont be on until later tonight (11pm) becuase Im going to watch the HR Derby now....

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 /forum/post/14289073

First, diddnt get it at Gamestop. Usually go to a local mom and pop store and they always have stuff a few days early. Anyways, I have played through 5 complete games so far. I have experienced NONE of the aformention "bugs".

I actually am impressed by the AI even in Varsity mode. I played one game on All-American and it was very hard. But none of those bugs arose either....

The animations are much more fluid, no more running into your O-line and bouncing off they actually stumble a little and keep moving forward....

I know alot of ppl dont buy this because they will wait for Madden. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE college football and have a good time with the endless amounts of matchups in NCAA.....

Anyways if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask...I wont be on until later tonight (11pm) becuase Im going to watch the HR Derby now....

Not doubting you haven't seen em yet, but here are some vids:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038496119
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038497101

In addition, EA's lead designer:
Quote:
NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know there definitely are folks looking into the following gameplay issues - we will be able to let you know very soon if they are patch-able (and hopefully when):

Muy Importante

- DL pass rush

- CPU QB percentages

- DB "stand straight up" issue

- Kick / Punt Returns are too easy

- Players in pursuit often turn the wrong way (see LB's on swing passes?)

Will Investigate

- Delay CPU snapping a few seconds

- CPU deep ball

- Rocket catch

- More penalties

- Substitution sliders

As for the crashes and stats disappearing and roster editing stuff and the like...keep in contact with Adam (OMT) on their status.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sponse-ea.html

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgenius /forum/post/14289162

Now that you mention it. I returned 2 punts or TD;s in a game..lol...prob too easy...

I never said they werent possible just havent seen them... Hopefully we can get this patch soon...

thanks for the links...good info

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm going to try and get some time with it tomorrow after work, but the e3 coverage might take up most of my time.

Also, the roster file for the PS3 is already complete (version 1.0 anyway), but it's been taken down until EA can fix the problems that are popping up. Not sure when it's going to be back up.

You can find the file here or on NCAA Utopia.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get a game later this week hit me up on the PSN.

I finally get to use this for something :p

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQman2121 /forum/post/14291040

I'm going to try and get some time with it tomorrow after work, but the e3 coverage might take up most of my time.

Also, the roster file for the PS3 is already complete (version 1.0 anyway), but it's been taken down until EA can fix the problems that are popping up. Not sure when it's going to be back up.

You can find the file here or on NCAA Utopia.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get a game later this week hit me up on the PSN.

I finally get to use this for something :p

Can someone post on here if and when they get the ps3 roster file. I got mine last year like 2 weeks after the game came out.

Its so funny they record the voiceovers of their actual last names but cant put their names in....

Weirdest thing ever

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgenius /forum/post/14289162

all this stuff is definitely true. passing accuracy is ridiculously off the charts and special teams (kick returns) are way too wide open. Like I said in the other thread the game is fun, but needs some fixes badly. Human running game is just about perfect now in my eyes, and the animation system is working a lot better. cpu run game was really bad though when I played last night, even on AA with skewed sliders meant to help them. If you are looking for a nice sim with realistic stats, you may want to rent this one first or hold off for a patch.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
kind of upsets me that it was released in such a poor state. I guess I will keep this sucker wrapped until we know if these are patchable problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you move or eliminate the constant scoreboard? That made it difficult to play NCAA 2008 on my plasma..I'm hoping you can turn it off or that it at least is transparent or at least moves.

Anyone know yet?

-John

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten /forum/post/14295153

Can you move or eliminate the constant scoreboard? That made it difficult to play NCAA 2008 on my plasma..I'm hoping you can turn it off or that it at least is transparent or at least moves.

Anyone know yet?

-John

no. ea seems to have a fetish with these damn static overlays...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Game is rubbish.....I mean broken. I'm returning it until they patch not only the AI, but also the controls.

Just like last year you can not edit all of the defensive controls to play like the PS2 games. Why? I do not know. I do know that I don't want to strafe with R2 or L2, I want it to be R1. I also want to switch players with X, not stripe the ball!!!!!

If there's an honest explanation as to why you can edit most of the other controls and just not the one's on defense, then I would love to hear it.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts