AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day I've had a chance to see how ESPN-HD and HDNET does HD football on DISH Network. Now I see what I've been missing.

The PQ is absolutely amazing. I have an older Toshiba 40H80 which does 1080i and the HDNET looks a tad better on but the EPSN-HD is no slouch. The picture on ESPN-HD is gorgeous also. Been switching a bit between the OSU and the Miami games.

Kudos to ESPN and Cuban.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You know, I'm still waiting to see a game that I'm really interested in in HD. Don't know when Michigan might be in HD, since ABC isn't doing any. (And the Wolverine's performance today won't help.:rolleyes: Congrats Duck fans. :( )

Just caught the end of the Northern Illinois-Alabama game on ESPN Gameplan (DirecTV). Possibly the worst SD PQ I've ever seen, but it was an exciting game anyway!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The framing tonight on HDnet is terrible. The camera operators have clearly not been told to adjust for the LARGE ugly black banner at the top.

Oh, and I'm actually just waiting for the soccer game to come on...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed the black banner never goes away also.

Is that normal with HDNET and football games? I'm also waiting for the MLS game too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
looked like another co-op production with sd tv and hdnet. my bet is we will see independent productions with the lesser known games like navy and army. although they dont have other tv contract because no other network wants them. :( could be worse, we could get the 1AA teams that INHD has. ;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I thought HDNet looked a little bit clearer than ESPN HD, but the whites were sizzling hot. I didn't get to watch much of any of the HD games today but from what I saw I would put HDNet #1, ESPN #2, and CBS #3.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My first expereince with an HDNET game as well. I thought the PQ was very good. However, I agree the video production left much to be desired (audio was fine):

1) Biggest complaint. Why all the cut-aways for HDnet promos (the same ones over and over). Even missed three plays towards the end of the 3rd quarter. And when they came back from the promos, it was right on top of the next play. If this was a SD coop, that makes abit more sense, but couldn't they just leave a shot on the band or huddle or crowd? So much of the "experience" was lost.

2) All the graphics were 4x3 centered (including the mentioned upper black box). When stats dropped down, it really got in the way.

Don't get me wrong--I'm glad we had the game. Just wondering if this is the typical HDNet production...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dgreen
2) All the graphics were 4x3 centered (including the mentioned upper black box). When stats dropped down, it really got in the way.

Don't get me wrong--I'm glad we had the game. Just wondering if this is the typical HDNet production...
as i said, i do believe this was a co op. therefore not a typical hdnet production. watch the mls game to see the typical hdnet production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.