AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NCIS: Hawaii Poised to Feature Female Lead, Marking a Franchise First
By Michael Ausiello

When it comes to CBS’ enduring NCIS franchise, the future is female.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the network’s newest (and, for the record, still unconfirmed) spinoff, NCIS: Hawaii, is slated to feature a woman in the starring role.

A CBS rep declined to comment, but sources confirm that the character — tentatively named “Jane Tennant” — will also break ground on-screen, serving as the first Special Agent in Charge of “NCIS Pearl.”

The move would mark a big and arguably long overdue step forward for the franchise, which, thus far, has only had men atop the call sheet (i.e. Mark Harmon in NCIS, Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J in NCIS: Los Angeles and Scott Bakula in the soon-to-conclude NCIS: New Orleans). The ill-fated NCIS: Red offshoot actually came the closest to having a woman at the helm, employing Kim Raver and John Corbett as co-leads.

[Note: Although Linda Hunt’s Hetty is NCIS: LA‘s “Operations Chief,” O’Donnell’s Callen — like Harmon’s Gibbs and Bakula’s Pride — holds the title of Special Agent in Charge.]

NCIS: Hawaii has yet to snag a formal series order from CBS, although casting for the principal characters — “Jane Tennant” included — is underway.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In the original NCIS, we did have woman director and other main characters - Kate, Ziva, Abby, Eleanor Bishop, Kasie.

NCIS LA has had Henrietta Lang, Kensi, Nell
NCIS New Orleans - Brody, Loretta, Sonja, Hannah, Tammy
Even Jag had Catherine Bell as the lead actress.

I'm not sure why one is being cancelled and other is starting.. I like New Orleans more than LA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts