AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to deciding on a projector and screen, and would appreciate any advice regarding the combination, pro & con;

Infocus SP7210

DaLite Cinemavision Hi-Contrtast Pro Trim 119" Screen

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
You're telling us nothing about your setup but that's definitely a nice combo. I like Infocus because I prefer their philosophy of giving up some black and CR to get relatively high brightness for a single chip DLP.

Dan

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Also, with 18 days until CEDIA I would be patient for news from there.

--Darin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHouck
You're telling us nothing about your setup but that's definitely a nice combo. I like Infocus because I prefer their philosophy of giving up some black and CR to get relatively high brightness for a single chip DLP.

Dan
I am having a "media room" built. It will be 16 x 22 with medium beige walls, dark carpet, and no windows. When viewing, will be totally dark.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2
Also, with 18 days until CEDIA I would be patient for news from there.

--Darin
The house won't be built for another few months, and I would not order now, so hopefully something better comes out, or a price reduction on the 7210.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
You are in almost the exact position I'm in. Similar room dimensions, waiting to finish construction in a few months, etc.

The Infocus is well regarded here. I have no information as to how it combines with that screen. I personally am hoping for a Sony SXRD to come out around then which I believe I will like better. If not, I probably will go with the Canon SX50. I'm a believer in the Lcos technology, but many here think DLPs are the way to go, and the one you are considering is one of the more heralded brands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.