AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hullo,
I'm just looking for suggestions on where to place my speakers (klipsch r-41pm's), I'm just trying to have these in a position where the sound isn't distorted, at least very much. I get that this can be subjective and it'll depend on the room, your speakers, etc. and the best way to go about this is through trial and error, but I'm just looking for general recommendations on where to start. Below is my current desk, speaker placement, and the measurements. (Depth measurement of the desk includes the whole desk despite the cutoff of the drawing).

On the side, since my speakers don't play particularly low, I've been looking for some subs to help augment the low-end of my speakers. Since I don't have a ton of room around my desk (it's surrounded basically all sides that I could place a sub, I can't move my desk, and the sub would be pretty far out from my desk), and I can't place a subwoofer underneath my desk (roughly 1/2 of the desk has cabinets, with a gap for my legs in between the cabinets, which would be fine, except the desk has a privacy panel, which basically makes it impossible for my to place a subwoofer underneath), I've been looking to either wall-mount a sub (not ideal, walls aren't designed for something like that, it'll take some work), or to place two (for symmetry, lol) on my desk. But, from the picture below, I don't have a ton of space where I could put a sub. I could try say, wall mounting my speakers or something, and getting traditional subs, I could lay my speakers horizontally and squeeze in a 10 or 8' inch on either side, or I could get a slim subwoofer such as the Monoprice SSW-10, and place my speakers on top. Currently, I'm leaning towards the slim sub, but what do you think I should do, and if you agree that I should go with a slim sub, would you recommend anti-vibration feet or something of that nature, and how would a wood desktop affect the sub's acoustics?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
You dont need to have the sub very close so you dont have to put it on or under the desk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts