AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why don't I see more threads about the Nec 1000 or the Optoma H56, both are stunning DLP units with high contrast and no screen door. Street price of both these units is the same as the up coming Sony HS 20.

Do you think the HS20 has a better picture than the NEC 1000 or the Optoma H56?

·
Registered
692 Posts
The NEC HT1000 is pretty heavily covered on the other forum (it has a MSRP of $5495). You can get one for about $3500 after the rebate, but you can be sure that is more than the HS20 will street for after a short while. The general consensus is that the HT1000 is better than the H56, but just barely. Both the HT1000 and H56 have screen door. If you want contrast, the DLPs might be for you. If you want higher resolution and no chance of rainbows, look at the HS20. It's a matter of preference.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your dead on the NEC price but the Optoma H56 is less. As far as screen door i have seen all of the projectors in question and if you compare the HS20 to the NEC 1000 or Optoma H56 or Runco 510, the DLP machines have much less screen door.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Can you really get a H56 for less than $3500? If so, then kindly point me in that direction. I'd certainly be interested. The H55 is a lot cheaper, but isn't really in the same league. I didn't say that the DLPs have as much screen door as a LCD, just that they still have it. You have to go LCOS to have no appreciable screen door.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The HT1000 is at shown at projectorcentral at $4495 MSRP. It should be heavily covered in this forum but the folks at the other forum don't want to give it up.:D

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.