AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been lurking around this forum for 18 months now so its time to post now. I've been interested in the NEC1000 since CEIDA, and now since its out, I don't know if its going to work in my room. :( I have read many threads on the small clearance for a center channel speaker, but I want to be sure about my screen height before order. I have an eight foot ceiling, projecting an 106'' diag screen using a ceiling mount. If I understand correctly I will have 22'' from the bottom of the screen to the floor. I would like to stay away from keystoning, or tilting the screen if possible. Thanks in advance, and I would also like to add this is a great forum.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Here's a link to the HT1000 installation guide. It should tell you exactly where your screen needs to be to avoid keystoning:

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corp...1000IG_v15.pdf

Your screen will likely be mounted closer to the floor than it is now. I ended up mounting the center channel above the screen and that seems to work well for me.

MIKE

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Mike, I read an article in one of the MAGs that said it is better to have the center channel above the screen if possible, so this is a win, win for you. I gotta tell you, I got my masking put up and side wall black panels and this projector looks fantastic!!!!!!!

Scott

·
Registered
654 Posts
Guys with the HT1000,

Is there any way to use the 4:3 offset (about 15*) even when using a 16:9 screen (which has a 24.4* offset), and then use the picture shift feature to move the 16:9 picture "up" to what would have been a 4:3 screen? This would add about 9" to the height of a 96x54 screen. Can anybody confirm you can do this?

Thanx,

dagger

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Scott,

I also have black all arround my screen; I think it makes a big difference.

If you want to see great color from the HT1000, check out "Death to Smoochy", a funny Robin Williams black comedy. The DVD has eye-popping color.

MIKE

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by daggerNC
Guys with the HT1000,

Is there any way to use the 4:3 offset (about 15*) even when using a 16:9 screen (which has a 24.4* offset), and then use the picture shift feature to move the 16:9 picture "up" to what would have been a 4:3 screen? This would add about 9" to the height of a 96x54 screen. Can anybody confirm you can do this?

Thanx,

dagger

Dagger,

I haven't tried every mode with all available inputs, but I am pretty sure when I mount my HT1000 I will be able to shift the image to the top or bottom of the 4:3 panel (whichever is needed). The image shift or position is located on the screen setup menu & I believe only used when a 16:9 screen option is selected. I have been able to shift the image all the way up or all the way down with every thing I have tried so far. 480i, 1024 x 768P from HTPC. I haven't tried moving the image with all inputs, but I am pretty sure it will work. As you point out, this will save about 9". I will still have to tilt my screen out some, but not as much. Also, I don't believe you can move the image all the way up or all the way down if you are using 3d reform, which I don't plan to use.

I hope this helps.

Cliff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.