AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 10PG NEC 9" tubes offers electromagnetic focus? How does it works?? And when were the 10PG build, exist there any 10PG plus????

Who can help?

All the best

Daniel

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
I have this projector in our showroom. It has a great picture. Yes it does have EM focus.

The unit was manufactured in 94 or 96.

The one feature it does not have is astig adjust. It does have electronic focus, center,top,bottom,left,right.

When displaying a computer desktop at 800x600 it is very sharp out to the corners but at the higher rez it start getting soft.

Plenty of light output and contrast.

Point convergence and plenty of memory/aspect ratio locations.

If you have a chance to pick one up at a good price grab it you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Alan,

I just need a perfect DVD PC picture (NO WINDOX), I think the 10PG goes to 92kHz, there must be more than 800x600 for video!? Astigmatisus adjustment, can you get it by adjusting the CPC magnets on the tubes??? I think the Scheimflug is the next problem to sharpen the edges??

Best Regards Daniel

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Yes you can adjust the mag.

The XG135 offers every adjustment you can think of and its been posted that you are good to 1024 resolution with those units. Anything above that and it starts getting soft. Keep in mind I'm talking about the appearance of the desktop not a dvd movie.

I had the Dwin crt for awhile, that was not EM focus and while dvd looked great the computer desktop was very soft even at 800x600.

With the 10pg Im running 800x600 on a 7.5 foot wide screen and the image is outstanding as is my computer desktop.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The 10PG I had looked PERFECT at 1280X1024 and a refresh of 72kHz. I had this on a 105" DaLite matte screen. The edges were as sharp or sharper than my 19" Cornerstone monitor at the same resolution. The image was so perfect, I could put bad pictures of the hookup instructions found on the bottom of Extron products , that were posted in ebay ads, and go up to the screen, and actually read the text!

There were times when I was watching "Cast Away" when I thought Tom Hanks was standing in my living room! I can't say enough good about this projector, and its as surprisingly quiet as a Sony 1292 is noisy.:) The adjustment rings on the 10PG are the fancy ones that are really easy to dial in.

I've seen a reference on a German projector site to a 10PG Plus, but I've never actually seen one, and I have never seen an official reference to one. If you could find such an animal, it would be the sharpest projector you could get, because it would have the electronic zone astig/flare adjustments. I've used these adjustments on a 6PG Plus, and they can achive a sharpness of picture unknown by most other projectors.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What Lens is installed in your 10PG, the ordinary HD10 (074922025), or the HD10GT17 (074922042). The GT17 is optimized for screen sizes appprox 6 feet to 10 feet! Does anybody seen a difference in picturequality ???

Now to the astigmatismus adjustment on the NEC xxx +/EXTRA, is it possible to add the adjustment board to the older projectors like the 9PG or in my case the 10PG?????

Where can I get the 9PG +/Extra service manual completed with circuit boards ???

Anyone worked out these project???

Regards Daniel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.