AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my wife and I were watching a movie when our NEC 110LC CRT projector made a snap sound. About as loud as those little poppers kids get on the 4th of July. We could see a bright light for a split second when we heard the sound. We got out of our seats and took a look up at the projector and it made another snapping sound, this time I saw an arc (flash) inside the unit. The picture wasn't affected, but I'm wondering what could have caused this and what I should do now. We were looking at the red tube side of the projector when I saw the second arc through the vent holes. I shut her down after the second pop.

We've been using the projector for 3 years now, no problems. Anybody got any ideas? Could it be static build up? Dust?

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
You need to open the unit, take off the side panel where the blue tube is, and flip down the deflection board to expose the innards of the set. Find out quickfast where the arc is coming from, as each arc can potentially fry something in the set.

Otherwise, I'm not too far from you, and come to the Seattle area often, and can service it for you. HV arcing is somewhat rare in the NEC XG, but something is breaking down within the set, usually an HV wire or the HV splitter itself.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme /forum/post/16933853

Otherwise, I'm not too far from you, and come to the Seattle area often, and can service it for you. HV arcing is somewhat rare in the NEC XG, but something is breaking down within the set, usually an HV wire or the HV splitter itself.

Hi Curt,

I'm a few miles off of exit 212; just a side-trip off the beaten path to Seattle. I'm going to have to take the pj down from the ceiling aren't I? It's been such a long time since I've had it opened up.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.