AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came 99% percent close to buying an Infocus 340, but I am now strongly considering the NEC 150 instead. Here is my problem/question: Can I use my existing (european) Panasonic 350 DVD player (it has a RGB/Component output) WITHOUT a line doubler? (and I cannot use a HTPC, since my 5.1 decoder is in the Panasonic player)

If not - should I then stick with the Infocus 340? How much is a line doubler anyway?

I am asking in the hope that my DVDplayers component output is somewhat unusual compared to most standard players... Hope this makes sense.

Thx, Mads

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes you can use the component output of your DVD player into the LT-150 without line-doubling it first (the component output is not a rare feature anymore).

I was VERY pleasantly suprised by how good my Sony 530D looks with its component output going directly to the LT-150.

I can see some artifacts, but the colors are great and the overall picture is very watchable.

I have to borrow someone's progressive scan player first and try it out before I would change anything.

drewman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.