AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
With the cable you cite, No. "RGB1" (DB15) is RGB only. To input component video on "RGB1" would require a transcoder to convert the signals - not just a cable.

Component video can be input on either "DVD1/HD1" or "RGB2/DVD2/HD2" on this display.

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corp...P4A_manual.pdf

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is I have my HD Sat receiver going into HD1 and my xbox going into HD2... There's no room for my DVD player!!!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
582 Posts
1. If your HD Sat receiver has DVI out, you could connect it to RGB3 and free up DVD1/HD1 for your DVD player.

2. Buy a DVD player with DVI out and connect it to RGB3.

3. Buy a component-video-to-RGB transcoder and connect something to RGB1.

4. Buy a component video switch to share an input.

5. Use your XBox as a DVD player.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answer, but the problem is (considering the 42VP4A is not HDCP compliant) :

1) My HD Sat requires an HDCP compliant TV

2) What name brand DVD players are out there on the market that use DVI and do not require an HDCP compatible TV ???

3) How much is a transcoder (approx)?

4) not a terrible idea, but not great.....

5) the Xbox does not play back videos in progressive scan (only games) - Microsoft ??!?!?

Thanks again!

R

·
Registered
582 Posts
Forgot the the 42VP4A is not HDCP compliant. There are (were?) a few DVI DVD players that ignored HDCP. Maybe nothing current. Edit: Look in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=458103

Regarding transcoders, that may not work upon further reflection. Though the transcoder will convert the electrical signals, the 42VP4A manual only lists PC/Mac resolutions (timings) as being accepted on RGB1. Edit: A $caler i$ needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.