Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

RE: NEC 42VP5/42VM5

Does anyone know which of these two are the better choice for your average indoor / home / everyday use ? I am thinking its the VM5 version but NEC web sites and doc's don't spell it out unfortunately ...

The differences seems to be only in the anti-glare (VP5) and anti-reflective (VM5) treatment added to the glass ...

I just don't know which would be better ?

Anyone got either of these yet ?

jlsavs

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I have the vp4 which is about the same as the vp5 except the vp5 has HDMI which is certainly something you want. Of course the vp4 and 5 are ED models. For everyday use I think you will find the vp5 to be an excellent choice, very good HD and excellent SD as well at a very reasonable price. My primary reason for purchasing the NEC was for it's altitude rating of 9000'+ and I certainly have no regrets.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The VP5 and VP4 do not have the same screen reflection. The VP5 is designed for very bright commercial environment (ie. direct sunlight). The commercial VM5 has the same screen treatment as NEC's consumer models.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What's the better set, the NEC commercial sets above or the Panasonic U7Y that everyone talks about? They seem to sell for the same price. I heard the NEC DVI is for PC only, won't work with the HDCP that is the DVI standard. I'm leaning towards the Panny but my buddy has the NEC and swears it's better than the Panny but you don't hear much about NEC, specially since they are being bought out by Pioneer. The nice thing about the NEC consumer models is the 3 year in-home warranty but it's out of my price range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.