AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember/thought there were some posts about this, but I can't seem to find them.

Is there some next generation LCD projector soon to be released/announced by NEC? To replace the 540? Or am I confused?

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Not exactly. The NEC VT540 began shipping in March'00 and was replaced by an updated version VT540K in December'00. There was no hardware change to the projector, but a firmware update slightly changed the features and the remote was replaced with a newer model with an additional button. The newer firmware basicly improved scaler performance for 480p (SDTV and progressive DVD), changed RGB default brightness and contrast values, and added scaler support for 1600X1200 video modes.

You may be thinking of the NEC LT150 DLP projector which is presently on closeout and soon to be replaced by the LT150z. This appears to be the current LT150 with a zoom lens. There is also an LT156 replacing the LT155, where the analog RGBHV input has been replaced with a new DVI interface (presumably with support for an HDTV copy protection scheme which requires a digital interface).

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.