AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Brian, what is exactly the problem, please be descriptive. I can probably give you a procedure for a decent adjustment, but to do it by the book takes special equipment and a full understanding of the procedures.

Marc

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marc

I have just recently purchased this PJ and will be installing it in the next couple of weeks.

The previous owner told me that he had been "playing with the 3 screws on the white block". (Note: He had only bought it to resell again so I don't think it has been run for very long since he played with it)

So basically, I need to somehow undo what he did.

AFAIK he did not adjust anything else !!

Regards

Brian

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
OK... IF the reference balance is still good, you can try the following. It IS a rough adjust but should suffice. First warm up the projector with a signal playing on it. Then set the brightness to 50 and the contrast to 75 and store those values. Now find the tiny test switch on the video board. It is in the slot where the top fan is next to all the little pots. It's a tiny white switch. If you face the projector, it is to the left most adjustment pot in that row of pots. Once you flip it to test, the picture will probably change, and you will see a bright line appear in all 3 tubes. Now very slowly adjust each G2 pot until you can JUST see the background raster around your picture. You need to look into the tubes for this. Once you have all 3 the same, flip the switch back to normal. Now hit the KELVIN button on the remote. If the picture looks good, store the setting. The white balance is probably ok. If it is NOT, Hit KELVIN again, and now use the B slider in the menu for each gun to once again JUST light the raster around the picture in each CRT. Do not touch the G2's anymore. Once all 3 rasters are the same, store those settings. THEN use a grayscale pattern or a black and white movie and adjust ONLY the W sliders in the KELVIN menu. Those do the highlights. Adjust until you get decent grey. Store these settings. Now return contrast and brightness to your desired levels and store again. This is a rough setup, but it's usable. Unless you have the tools and a color analyzer, that's as far as you should go.

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.