AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has a 9PG Plus & a 6PG Plus that he got at an auction. However both have a similar problem. They both attempt to startup but then go back to standby. They attempt to startup again. However no error code is displayed. Here is a more detailed description:

When powered on the conrtol panel lights. When the soft "Power On" button on the control panel is pressed it starts to go through its procedure for a few seconds then drops back to standby. The 2 digit display has only 00 displayed during the whole process. I presume that because whole process is very quick and that's why there is no error code displayed to indicated the type of fault I saw this thread about a similar problem. See:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&threadid=3914

Any ideas? I guess a trip to the NEC Service Centre is in order.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

·
Registered
567 Posts
Disconnect the CP connector on the convergance board (located between the red and green tube). Now try to power up the projector. If it does power up then you have a problem with the C-drive board.

If it still doesn't power up then disconnect the FP connector on the focus board (located next to the convergance board). Now try to power up the projector. If it does power up then you have a problem with the F-drive board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.