AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, anyone know if the remote is necessary for doing the initial set-up on the 6PG? I hear there are controls in the back of the machine for that.

For that matter, anyone know where I can get a remote??

Thanx

·
Registered
567 Posts
Must have the setup remote.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You CAN NOT setup an NEC with only the onboard controls, as Cookie has already said, you MUST have the SETUP remote. There's a Pronto ccf for it or you can still order them new from NEC.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Doug Baisey thought he may have some good used ones as well.

Might want to try him as well.

Marc

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the replys...I see there are some available on crtcinema's website for around a hundred....anyone know how I can get a hold of Doug Baisley?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
A PM?

It's Doug Baisey... just look in the member list for his PM, or find a post.

Marc

·
Registered
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nelman
Anyone know if this will work with the 6PG, circa 1993? It says 6100, 6200 in the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1499
Yes it will work. It may be missing a few short-cut buttons that the original 6PG/6PG remotes have but all functions can be accessed via the onscreen menu's using this remote.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I finally have a bunch in stock at $120.00 incl shipping within North America. New in the box...

Curt

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
That's the remote I use for my 6PG. I think the only problems are that the "Normal" button doesn't work and the phase button brings up pin-cushion or something else different. Just be sure to wire it to your pj, better response and the illumination is always on and doesn't guzzle batteries (doesn't need batteries when wired).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.