AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally had a chance to hang my low hour 6pg xtra in the basement. This thing looks practically new and the hour meter hadn't even rolled over an hour yet.

Anyway, I've been having tons of problems with it so far. I don't know if it is related but I had trouble filling the screen at 1280x768p from the MYHD 120 card I use so, I cranked the horizontal width pot back to spec 1.8 volts from the 1.56 volts it was at before. Sometimes when I power it out of standby it will shutdown just after it syncs to the resolution and shows an image. It does not cycle and there are no error codes at all. Reseating the system board seems to be the fix each time. I don't know why it keeps creating a bad connection. I have another system board I could test but it has a different part#. I'm not sure if they are interchangeable. Besides this problem, I've already had to replace the c-drive after I lost blue convergance controls. I'm wondering if it might be a bad power supply or something that is causing all these problems. I've owned a lot of nec's and never had so many problems.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Macros,

Things to consider:

When you set the voltage using the PA2 connector 1.8V did you use the video input? You max amplitude to 100% from the remote then set.

Set back to 1.56V and see if it does the same.

If the projector hasnt been used for awhile dont stress it but run it at a low freq and let it 'charge' up and confirm no problems.

Use a vesa standard like 1024X768 and let it run out instead of 1280.

If you have the contrast set high lower it to the 50's, an over tweaked projector can shut down at start up (protect 1-2 circuits on the HV board) usually they will display a FD error until it has the power removed like when you reseat the system board. A weak HV board can do the same if it wasnt adjusted to that perticular projector. (HV and protects)

I dont think this is serious but something may be overlooked causing these symptoms. If possible use the video input for trouble-shooting.

Having to replace a c drive already suggests mechanical set up problems or memory settings are corrupt from a data copy.

The Xtra is a strong projector if ran within spec and set up to be 'happy' . Doug

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I set the voltage using the svideo ouput of my dvd with amplitude set to max. I checked it again using composite output with the BNC input and it showed slightly higher 1.81 volts. I cranked it back to 1.7V just to be on the safe side. It seems the xtra doesn't have indepedant line distortion controls like my old xg75. My blue has a horizontal hump that I can't totally get rid of. I'm not using any point so it's not that. Usually, I can eliminate these things using the phase setting.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Macros,

Select B point then hit normal, sometimes it can hold curruption even though its not used.

Also try normalizing B pin balance, balance is found holding the CTL button down before selecting the function. Balance for keystone is also there.

Start building at the cross-hair pattern, it helps keep things straight and helps you find problem areas. Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.