AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody, i'm trying to run my 9pg xtra with a pchc... and tha'ts a long way from home to me... i've never used pc with hc....

Is anybody here have that combo (nec + pchc) with powerstrip to give me some informations about?

Is Powerstrip good for projection?

What about Bright, contrast and Gamma on the video card?... And the fequency? And the porches?

So , i'm looking for a tutorial but i haven't found it...

If any Necman can give me some solutions, that will save my sunday!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
This is what I used on my 6PG

"C:\\Program Files\\PowerStrip\\pstrip.exe" /t: 1280,72,136,72,720,21,3,21,85839,272

That's 1280x720 at 71.928hz (best for ntsc film source). The porches are not wasteful at 72/72 rather than the idiotic 150-250 you get with some profiles.

You shouldn't need to adjust contrast at all, and brightness just a bit if your 9PG is setup well and is running at the default 60 brightness/75 contrast (which you should). If you have an ati card, saturation needs to be at -42 or .58 depending on how the scale is in your software. If nvidia, no idea as I've never used one with crt.

There is a tutorial on curt palme's site.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks... i will try this resolution...

For the moment, i'm running with 720*576 @ 50hz and the picture is very dark...

Have i to change the gamma of my video card? I have selected the program "rgbs gamma2.2" but i have other choice and i can choose values for gamma, contrast, bright etc

For the ratio, i can choose "any", "4/3", "16/9", i run with "16/9"...is it good?

And what about "intrelaced"? i haven't choose yet cause i do not know...

This is the first time i run HTpc with crt projector and it's a jungle for me... combinating with my first time with Nec crt (usually Barco), that's a lot for me... i can be so stupid with computers... but i want to learn!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If you make a shortcut with the line I pasted it will give you everything needed. If the res doesn't change you may need to add it manually in the custom resolution section of Powerstrip, reboot and then it will work. Also you need to make sure the monitor driver is not set to generic plug n play as that will limit resolution. I use the sony gdw-600 from the list as that can allow any res/refresh.

1280x720 is a 16:9 res but you won't need to select that. 720x576 is a horrible res for a 6PG. If it's still dark make sure the white balance (kelvin) in the pj is around 50 for all values. If someone turned some of them down it will be very dark. Write the values down before adjusting them.

Interlaced should only be used with resolutions like 1920x1080i (hence interlaced). 1280x720i would look crappy and is way under what the 6PG can resolve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts