AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, how much Vertical and Horizontal Amplitude can I use on 9PG and be safe? Reason is that I have the PJ floor mounted in an apartment and it seems like 50% is too small for me and 80% is just right.

Is 80% O.K.? Or do I have to take the lenses off and make sure the image is not too big? Thank you.

Chris

·
Registered
358 Posts
As long as you didn't turn the h-pot you can safely turn it up to 100

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That will make my life easier, since I can't put the projector that far away from the screen and turning the Amplitude to 80% solves the problem. Anyways, thanks again.

Chris

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Put up a cross hatch test pattern from the menu. Turn down the contrast to the point where you can look directly into the lens. Turn up the brightness control to view the intire raster. No part of the test pattern should reach the edge. About 10mm is about the most common measurement for this on this forum.

Chip S.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha303
Thanks. That will make my life easier, since I can't put the projector that far away from the screen and turning the Amplitude to 80% solves the problem. Anyways, thanks again.

Chris
The picture size will change depending on what resolution and frequency you finally decide to run at.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.