AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do/can you increase the image area within a given raster area. Focus Enhancements tech say's I'm pushing the Quadscan Elite HD's position and size adjustments to hard. Raster is maximized. H-amplitude is at over 95%.

Thanks,

Chip S.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Chris,

The problem may be your video timings. Your porch seetings may be too large. Reduce your front and back porch setting

clopez

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
At some point you just have to increase the raster itself. You "could" adjust the Horizontal size pot on the PG, but I'd advise against this since you dramatically increase the Horizontal output transistor gain and thus failure. Some people have done this knowing the risks, and have also added better cooling to the heatsink. The infinite scaling of a HTPC would be a safer method, IMHO. It's your call. How large is your raster now?

Marc

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done the horizontal size pot. The raster is centered and about 3/8 inch from the closest point to the edge. The problem is that my Quadscan Elite HD is maxed out in it's settings of output position and size. Focus Enhancements tech say's that only 2% should be required to fill the screen if the projector is setup correctly. I must be asking it to make up about 30%. Am I missing some important step here. I think the problem is with the QSE. Thanks,

Chip S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.