AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to integrate one of those really popular HomeSpot NFC Bluetooth audio receivers into my kitchen. It'll be powered by an equally popular Lepai LP-2020A+ amp.

Link to the amp on Amazon if you're not familiar with.
Link to the receiver on Amazon if you're not familiar with.

I'd like to basically drop this in the wall cavity and drywall over it, and have a basic knob to control the volume. It doesn't need any buttons to pair because NFC should handle that.

I know NEC rules get fussy about dragging non-approved cables in the wall, but what about low power devices?

The alternative is this, from Monoprice:

Seems like it's an all-in-one solution for what I'm looking to do, except no NFC so fussier pairing. Also I have the same question (requires a 24VDC power supply, how would I "legally" power it) and I'm not too enthusiastic about one of the comments that says it gets rather hot...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.