AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer with a Runco 900 or 900a.

I believe this is a 6pg or 6pg+

It randomly snaps out of convergence but always corrects itself but this time around it has stayed misconverged and not returned to normal.

The focus is also way out. When pulling up the cross hair the red is triple the size it should be as is the blue. Green is fine. When lining up the cross hair the r/b are now bleeding beyond the green.

What could this be?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Change all of the STK chips on the F and C boards. I can swap you boards if you want, I have stock, or I can supply the chips to you, either way.

No charge of course, let's hear it for our hosts, rah rah!

:)

Curt

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Curt, you smoking the funny stuff again? I mean, Alan and David are great for hosting this site and all. But dang, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Alan, unless you are really really really proficient with a desoldering tool, you really want to swap out the boards through Curt, not replace the modules.

I did the module replacement sucessfully on my f-drive, but it is a bear....

Vern

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yep, what they said. Common problem after a few years. Easy fix.

Allen, If you can solder, it's not that hard. There may also be a few bad connections to re-solder at the same time.

Curt, how about a free replacement green tube for a PGplus? You're such a swell guy..... I'll just PM you the mailing address.

Marc

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
When the rest of youse guys' websites give me as much business as this one has, then you get freebies too.

Today's special for every other forum member is a free mind meld with your projector. Hold your computer monitor close to the projector and chant:

ooommmmmmmmmmmmmm.

There, it's guaranteed to run problem free for the next 10 minutes.

Cheers!

Curt

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Ya know, I wonder if Uri Geller ever perfected curing burnt phosphors.

Curt

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Guaranteed? And what if it breaks during those ten minutes? BTW, I've been sending people to you for 18 months at a rate of about 5 per day. HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Do you do anything else during the day other than round up business for Curt WanMan ? :)

I know how you network types are.... the ones in my office just sit around and make my life miserable. :)

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
I am not a LAN Nazi! I wait for sudden disaster (which comes and goes) to strike and entertain myself fixing the problems. Besides, my laboring for Curt may need to change since no kick-back checks have arrived yet.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Do I get no credit? Your projector has been working great for a long time. It's one of several sets out there that I chant a mantra for every hour of every day..;)

Curt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.