AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good convergence finally now i wonder what is the best way for a noob to get better focus? Im not prepared yet to do the mech set up. Is there somthing less time consuming that might help corner focus ? red is good but blue and green are lousy blue worst. thanks. coming from dila this pj is awesome.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Easy way??? Nooo. What I do is take the lenses off and make sure that focus is perfect at the crt face FIRST...This is achieved by manipulating the focus coil of the neck of the crt and also by adjusting the focus pot on the projector. Make sure that you first have the rasters perfectly centered on the tube face and that ALL electronic focus and astigmatism settings are at ZERO before making focus mechanical adjustments... The astigmatism cpc magnetics might have to be adjusted as well...Then make sure you have as close to perfect OPTICAL and go through and do your electronic astigmatism for each gun, center, sides and corners for optimal flare and core settings, then do electronic focus on screen...(assuming that your cpcs magnets are set right, you might have to play with those so more)....

fun huh?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Sorry... no shortcuts. You have to do the whole procedure. Otherwise it'll never be right.

Marc

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by madclammer
Im not prepared yet to do the mech set up. Is there somthing less time consuming that might help corner focus ?
Btw, MECHANICAL SET UP is FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT on these machines so that you are NOT USING EXCESSIVE ELECTRONIC CORRECTION which basically causes the projector to OVERHEAT and MELTDOWN...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.