AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has experience with these projectors I would REALLY appreciate the help.

I have a NEC GP 5000 that has been in storage for a while and I finally deciced to build a test screen and fire it up. Only problem is it doesn't want to fire up!

I pushed the large power button on the front. There is a "Stand-By" light in the back that flashes yellow. There is a panel the pops open in the back with the following buttons:

1.) "Power"

2.) "Alignment /\\ \\/"

3.) "Picture /\\ \\/"

4.) "Adujst /\\ \\/"

5.) "Normal"

6.) {2 sets of dip switches, set to factory}

7.) "Reset"

I (of course) pushed the "Power" button, nothing. I also have 2 remotes, put in fresh batteries and push "Power", nothing.

I have an interface unit for it, but I don't have it plugged in.

Is there something I'm missing or is this thing toast?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Check the dip switches. One of them sets the projector to "stand alone" it is currently set to run with the external switcher.

DON"T PANIC :)

I do not recall which switch it was, but they are labeled.

Marc

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Or..... you can plug in the interface. In that case leave the switches alone.

Marc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tinman!! That did the trick!

I need to dig up the manuals for this thing and the interface. It used to be mounted on a ceiling and now I have it sitting on a cart so the image is upside down. I've tried flipping the dip switch that says "Floor / Ceiling" but nothing changes.

I also need to do both mechnical and electronic convergence.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
A GP3000 manual should be the same, except the tubes. You still have to swap the connectors inside for floor/ceiling. I have a GP3000 at work I plan to list on ebay. It's perfect, btw, but I prefer my PG9. I'll look under the hood to refresh my memory on the settings to flip the PJ.

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.