Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a nec gp 5000 and don't have a service manual for it and I would like to know where the G2 controls are. Also, if anybody has the service manual I would like to get one..

Brian

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,

they are at the back of the CRT an are called VR Screen Control Unit. A white thing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the service manual for NEC GP3000 ( GE Imager 410), don't know how similar these units are. I have the users manual in xit format (pagis viewer), but the file is 10mb, so I can't mail it to you. I can make it available for download for you if you need it.

/Peter

·
Registered
251 Posts
bRIAN,

I HAD A FEW OF THESE PROJECTORS. CHECK IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION ON THIS FORUM. THERE'S ONE PERSON WHO HAS A WEBSITE THAT YOU CA DOWN LOAD THE MANUAL FOR RELATIVELY CHEAP. if YOU HAVE NO LUCK LET ME KNOW i HAVE ONE LAYING AROUND. mR. BAISEY IS THE MAN WHEN IT COME TO NEC'S SO IS CHUCK WILLIAMS. LISTEN TO HIS (there) ADVISE

GOOD LUCK

JOHNBOY:eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone,

Dirk: I'll look for them.

Zaphod: Can you send me a pm with the link.

Doug: I know you are the NEC guru, so it will be hands off the controls until I get the manual. Too bad you don't live up here. I would hire you in a second (along with a good dinner)and then pick your brain for all of your NEC knowledge. It won't hurt too much :D

Johnboy: Do you still have one of these beasts? I know you had 2 for awhile and were thinking of double stacking them. I'll check out the classified section.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Brian,

if you're looking to reach the perfect color set-up for the GP5000, you need the manual (as Doug wrote) and a scope.

You need to move (in the exact order), the sub-contrast and sub-brightness, the 5 pots on every video amplifier module (the three metal boxes located rear the respective tubes) and the G2.

Then you need to obtain the perfect waveform on the cathode of each tube (140V black level, 160V sub-black, 40V max peak). For this reason you need a scope.

It's possible to set-up the pj without the scope. There is always a position of the cathode black level (even if not at 140V), related to a certain level of the G2 that will cause the black level, but in this case, very probably you will not obtain the perfect gamma correction for the three colors and/or the correct black and dark gray modulation.

In this case you may obtain a very bad picture or even damage the CRTs...

ciao

Romano

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Romano,

I'm not going to touch anything until I get the manual but thanks very much for the information. The scope won't be a problem but until I know exactly what the manual says its hand off. Btw I remounted the projector (the rental store loves me) and everything turned out perfect. I bought a mount from Phil at theater automation and this mount has adjustments for everything!!. I was able to get perfect alignment. Everybody throw stones if you want, but as far as I am concerned this mount is the best.

Thanks again,

Brian

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Brian,

Sorry I did get back to you sooner. No I do not have any of them any longer. I've moved up to the PG10. I have two of them.

If you need a manual. I think I have one for you GP5000.

Regards

JohnBoy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

Sorry I took so long to reply

Johnboy, how much do you want for your manual? I would like to have an original if possible. Are the pg 10s noticeably better? or is it mostly a difference in light output.

Frank, thanks for taking the time to scan the manual. I just wish that it printed out a little better, must be getting ready for some cheaters!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Brian,

Big difference for me between the two. I didn't think it would be until it was setup now there no going back.

JohnBoy:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Johnboy,

Glad to here that the 10PGs are working out so well. Are they brighter and sharper or just brighter, what were the differences?

Did you happen to find the service manuals for the gp 5000 and how much do you want for it?

Brian

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Brian,

The manual I have is a copy though very clean. I believe your best bet would be to down load it from the the manual websit on to your computer. I believe they only charge about $15.00. Regarding my attempted stack system I've decided not to pursue this. MY one PG10 is so sweet that I see no reason to pursue it. I better off just selling one of my units.

Best Of Luck

JohnBoy

OH yea, one last thing. In the event you are looking for a service remote, go to remote central.com I believe it was ROROx64 who posted the remote discrete for the GP 3000 which is the same. he also know this projector extremely well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.