Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Can someone please advise me as to why the power supplies on the GP5000 cannot be repaired?

Is it due to a particular item on the circuit board being unavailabe?

I have read that the offending item is a PJX 01 1C is this usually the offending item?

The reason I ask is I have just bought one of these PJs (badged as the GE Imager 610) and a friend who is an Electrical Engineer training officer believes he MAY be able to make a board to replace the damaged one, at worst fix the existing one.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i had the same problem with mine. apparently they CAN be fixed. mine was supposedly

fixed although i haven't tested it yet.

there's a guy here that rebuilds the power supplies too, i can find his name if you like.

brian

·
Registered
232 Posts
there's a guy here named mike parker, or at least he was here about 8 months ago when

my power supply took a dump. he lives on the east coast and charges around $400 to

rebuild your power supply. i ended up using a local repair guy but talked to mike on the

phone. he's a cool dude and knows his ****.

brian

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mike Parkers phone number is (301) 449 - 1949

He knows his stuff.

JohnBoy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Johnboy

Do you know the area Mike Parker lives as I will have to get the area code from here in the U.K

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have repaired the power suplly in my NEC GP3000, and it was the PJX-01 chip that was broken (plus some power transistors), had to trash another NEC GP3000 PS to get the PJX chip. However, I have heard that Amstrad (Isn't Amstrad Brittish ?)used the same chip (or a very similar) in one of their satellite receivers some years ago, might be worth checking.....

/Peter

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I hope you guys don't mind me biting my nails on this one... A confirmed fix or source for that chip would be a godsend.

Marc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys, I will follow that up with Amstrad over the next week, I will post the findings here.

Is the 3000 power supply the same as the 5000?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.