AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently bought an ATI graphic card radeon 9700 with DVI output. SO, I grabded the chance to popout and try the HT1000 with the DVI.

He owns the Marantz S2. Although we connected the S2 with DVI and we had a lot of resolutions available, when we connected the HT1000 the card locked at only one resolution at 640 X 480. At display properties it found exactly the projector HT1000 with max resolution 1920X580 or something like that. But it never allowed us to change the resolution. Do you have any idea what we did wrong? Is it a matter of any proper driver? Note that we declared both projectors (Ht1000 and S2) as a primary display. We changed the color depth from 16bbs to 32 bbs and nothing again. The only available resolution was 640X480 :-(

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Maybe the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" checkbox is checked in the monitor properties page in Windows. It might not recognize the projector correctly and assume that you can only display the basic 640x480 on it.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tasos
Do you have any idea what we did wrong? Is it a matter of any proper driver? The only available resolution was 640X480 :-(
To accomplish what your after, one method is to change out the fixed panel display driver (HT1000 in this case) to something else which allows different timings. The Sony GDM display driver is the one many use, including myself. You'll want to have Power strip installed if you looking to do a custom 1:1 1024*576 16:9 timing.

You should probably have posted this in the >$5000 forum where it truly belongs. And you would have gotten quicker responses most likely.

Bill

· Registered
107 Posts
Tasos since you 're from Greece you might want to post your question in the HTPC category or the projectors category of avforum.gr the greek sibling of avsforum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.