AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished mounting my HT-1000 using the NEC ceiling mount and wanted to share my thoughts. The first impression upon opening the kit is "I paid how much for this?" There's really not much to it.

The accuracy of the machining is fine - everything fits together well. However, when all is done and the adjustment screws are as tight as I could get them, it is too easy to move the projector around. It is structurally OK and there is no chance of the projector coming off the bracket. Its just that I wish they had put some rubber "grippers" inside the metal bracket to keep the adjustment more firmly held. I wonder how well the PJ will stay aligned long term.

One suggestion that I would make is to replace the supplied bolts and nuts with ones that you can actually get a wrench on - that would help the "grip" of the bracket. The star-type allen wrench that they supply does not give much leverage and there is no way to put a socket wrench on the nut on the other side.

Sorry to be so critical, but even tho the bracket works well enough, it could have been better with a little more thought in the design.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Other than the mount, are you satisfied with the performance of the projector? This one is on my short list!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the PJ's performance is great. I am sensitive to rainbows and see them on the HT-1000, but can live with them to get the outstanding contrast. I am running it in econo mode and the fan is barely audible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.