AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the LP-650 and the image is great for video. The contrast is excellent and you can use it during the day it is so bright.

It is definitely the brightest of the bunch. The HT-1000 will have better contrast and less rainbows but it is much dimmer. Depends on your application. For video and PC the LP-650 is a winner.

The LT-260 seems great spec wise but the reviews I have read seem to say the contrast is not as high as they claim.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The lens has excellent focus when it warms up. When you turn it on it is out

of focus for 15 mins or so and then gets razor sharp. At least the whole screen is in focus when it does warm up unlike my last projecter!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Without seeing HT1000, I can only say that LT260 has the highest contrast ratio and black level I ever seen. The black level can be enhanced by turnign the lamp to eco mode, gamma correction and switching off the white segment. I am lucky not to be sensitive to any rainbow effects.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mark_k
The black level can be enhanced by turning the lamp to eco mode, gamma correction and switching off the white segment.
CAN you turn off the white segment on the LP240/260? What does that do to the overall brightness?

~ Kiran

·
Registered
27,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by entropy
CAN you turn off the white segment on the LP240/260? What does that do to the overall brightness?
Yes, there is a setting called "Peak Brightness" in the menu that will turn off the white segment. The picture loses some lumens, but is much more watchable overall. With the white segment turned on, the picture is too punchy and contrasted. It's meant for business presentation purposes in that mode, not movie watching.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Entropy

I am still experimenting these setting in my office. I placed another order for my home theater. Turning off white segment does not decrease overal brightness after all.

The contrast is a bit overshoot in LT260 and I have to decrease the default value.

I will post screen shots later this week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.