AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to put a post up telling everyone that Jason and Alan have found an alternative ceiling mount for the NEC HT1000 that allows for a flush mount to the ceiling.

I would like to thank them for their tireless efforts on my behalf to find a solution that would work for me.

If anyone has any doubts that AVS is a great company to do business with, then I'm here to tell you that their customer service is second to none.

Thanks AVS!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xorbe,

I believe it is a Peerless mount, but you're best off to send an email to Jason to get the details.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is there a peerless mount? This PJ already has an incredibly large offset.

22.4" from top of screen to lens center and another 7.2 " for the mount.

Wow 29.6" + 52" height. (with Da-Lite 92"x52" 106" diag.)

The screen is practically on the floor.

OK 12.4" from the floor with my 94" clients ceiling height.

Losing 4" for the drop ceiling and Boy is this bad.

7200 is way better is this regard.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Has anyone received this yet?

How far is the lens center from the ceiling using this mount?

Are there any adjustments built in (ie. yaw, pitch), or do you have to shim?

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Actually Peerless does make a mount as well, but this one is a Chief. The Peerless mount uses their special twist lock, which in turn drops the projector sort of like the NEC mount. The Chief has the ability to drop, but as it comes standard it is a very flat mount (about 2" drop). They retail for $189.00.

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darren,

According to Chief:

Quote:
Flush Mount to suitable ceilings using the four corner slots in top of the RPA mount. RPA now allows you to flush mount without disassembly by providing suitable access for screwdrivers and socket sets. +/- 25 degrees of pitch when flush mounted. 10 degrees yaw possible on flush mount with slots in top of RPA (Hardware not included).

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
To clarify, the Chief is basically the same design as their other mounts. They are 2 pieces, one that attaches to the projector, and one that attaches to the ceiling. The 2 then hook together and do have some adjustment. You can also add a ceiling flange and 1.5" NTP pipe if you need to drop the unit.

Thanks!

PS-Design is the same for the Infocus.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Can Jason or someone post a photo of the Chief mount or a link to a photo? My flange and nipple are only about 2" long, but the NEC mount has a built in drop of about 5". Does the Chief have a built in drop like the NEC?

Thanks,

MIKE

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I'm not sure that there are pictures yet. These literally just came out. The built in drop is roughly 2". Obviously if you add a ceiling flange and pipe, that will drop the unit even more.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.