AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for color correction settings for the ht 1000? I'm using a white screen with full control of room lighting. Also what were the original settings before I started playing with them.

That pso ht1000 panamorph for this projector...Is really worth a grand. Is the picture improvement all that dramatic or is it barely noticeable?

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
I wouldn't mess with these settings without a color meter.

Here's the stock values,

r 0

g 0

b 6

y 7

m minus 15

c minus 2

gain 0

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
No problemo, What kind of DVD player are you using.

With the HT1000 lately I've settled on

User 1

Movie

gamma / black detail - Ive gone back and forth between Natural and BD, finally I like the way black detail adds clearity and pop.

sweetvision low

black expansion 3

contrast enhancement minus 2

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have been using the HT1000 with the PSO HT1000 for about a week now and I can heartily recommend it. The picture is brighter, smoother and more film like with less screen door (which is a big factor for me because I am sitting 1x screen width away). I can now turn the lights on somewhat and still have a very good picture which I could not do before I added the lens. The only drawback is if you watch lots of 4:3 content because removing and replacing the lens is not a quick process. But you can adjust the 4:3 content to be properly displayed inside the 16:9 frame. Big Screen Direct has a 15 day return policy so you really have nothing to lose except the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guitarman, I'm using a Toshiba sd2710 dvd player [non progressive] I agree with your settings. Sweetvision wasn't working for the first couple of weeks but one day it kicked in all by itself. I can definitely see the difference with off, low,med high.

Vidmaven, I do watch a lot of 4.3 material from satellite. I don't mind watching 4.3 inside the 16.9 if it means not having to remove the pso-lens every time. What about hd with the lens?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I watched Spiderman on HBO HD last night and the picture was fantastic rich, vibrant colors smooth, filmlike image, significantly brighter and no screen door at 1 x distance. I have also watched some NHL and NBA HD and have definitely noticed a significant increase in the picture quality. I can now watch sports with the lights on!

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Hey Kelley, glad you finally found the sweetvision. Those settings produce a high contrast and super sharp picture. We are so close to having the perfect picture I don't think there's any reason to look a other projectors. A friend was just over to see the HT1000 in action and he's seen all my recent projectors. He couldn't believe how much better the HT is over the Nec lt150, Sharp Z9000, Sharp Z90, Seleco HT200 I had. My motto now is " I don't need to see anymore projectors".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.