AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEC ht1000 with 2011 hrs on it so time for a new bulb,but my question is has anybody had thier projector lose grey scale its like viewing a 16 colour image there is alot of solarizing .

I've tried it with the dvd player and its the same does that mean a board is failing or is it related to the bulb?

Ceiling mounted

dvd through component

sat tv through s-video

Any ideas?

Sean

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a NEC LT240. It is almost identical to the HT1000. I had to have the projector replaced for just such a symptom as you are describing. The problem is on the DLP chip formatter board. The problem usually shows up at around 2000 hrs. The only remedy I have found is to not watch the projector more than 2 hrs at a time. This extends the life of the projector. You will have to have yours repaired it seems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm guessing that this is a heat issue and mabey it needs a heatsink.

Any thoughts as it's out of warranty and a board sounds like $500.

Sean

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I Took my NEC LT240 to be serviced it was still under warranty. The technician said that NEC told him the DLP chip formatter board could only be replaced at the factory, so they shipped me a replacement unit. I agree with you that it sounds like a heat issue. Maybe a heat sink in the original design would have helped, but the damage is already done, so it wouldn't help at this point.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I sent in my unit for warranty service a few weeks ago to the Roselle IL service center. They replaced the DMD Formatter and got it back to me in a few days. I would think that they are able to do that here?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had my NEC LT240 serviced/replaced about 2 years ago, so it's good news that they can replace the DMD formatter board without sending it back to the factory, as I was told at that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.