AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn it on and fan starts, I can hear the color wheel start up (twice) but I get the dreaded 6 red flashing lights. According to the manual it's a lamp problem. Read one thread on here that suggested cleaning everything inside and reseating the bulb. Done all that. Took it all apart and cleaned the wheel and sensor with alcohol.

The lamp does have a lot of hours (probably about 1500) but wouldn't it still power up but just be dim?

2nd part: What can I pick up on ebay comparable for around $200-300? Money's tight right now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerfan /forum/post/19547340

Turn it on and fan starts, I can hear the color wheel start up (twice) but I get the dreaded 6 red flashing lights. According to the manual it's a lamp problem. Read one thread on here that suggested cleaning everything inside and reseating the bulb. Done all that. Took it all apart and cleaned the wheel and sensor with alcohol.

The lamp does have a lot of hours (probably about 1500) but wouldn't it still power up but just be dim?

2nd part: What can I pick up on ebay comparable for around $200-300? Money's tight right now.

bump? Anyone want a useless HT1000?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
What you're experiencing can be caused by a lamp that is too weak to fire. The only way to be sure is to try a known, good lamp.

And there is no such thing as a "comparable" or "compatible" lamp. It is either the correct, exact lamp as specified by the manufacturer or it is the wrong lamp. There are many, many reports in this and other forums from others who tried to save a buck by buying "compatible" lamps and wasted their money. Why? If the lamp isn't correct, no matter HOW alike it appears, the projector will reject in a relatively short amount of time because the electrical parameters are not correct.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/19549198

What you're experiencing can be caused by a lamp that is too weak to fire. The only way to be sure is to try a known, good lamp.

And there is no such thing as a "comparable" or "compatible" lamp. It is either the correct, exact lamp as specified by the manufacturer or it is the wrong lamp. There are many, many reports in this and other forums from others who tried to save a buck by buying "compatible" lamps and wasted their money. Why? If the lamp isn't correct, no matter HOW alike it appears, the projector will reject in a relatively short amount of time because the electrical parameters are not correct.

Thanks Sheridan,

The first lamp I had in there was firing just fine when I replaced it. The picture was just getting dim so I bought a new lamp a while back. Now I put the first lamp back in and it still won't fire. But I see your point. Thanks.

What I meant was any comparable projectors for that price range. I think I'm to a point where I'm not going to invest $200 for a lamp if I'm not even sure it will fix it. I know I can pick up a comparable projector for around $200-$300 anyway, I think.

Anyone want a HT1000 for a good price?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts