AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at geting a ht1000 but am concerned about the lens offset , the manual states that for a 100" 4:3 screen , including the bracket places the image 19.2inches down from the center of the lens , as i only have 2.4meter ceiling ill have to tilt the projector up which will force me to use keysone correction ,

what i wanna know is how badly keystone correction afftects the picture quality

is it subtle or a big differece

please help ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys, i know plenty of you own the ht1000

·
Registered
575 Posts
My ceiling is about as high as yours (70"). It is a drop ceiling, so this has allowed me to mount the HT1000 flush with the ceiling - in fact beyond flush. I have the projector as high up as it will go before the image projects on the ceiling. With this, I still have to tilt the image up slightly. I do not use keystone or 3d reform though. For video sources, the slight pin cushion is not even perceptable. It is only when viewing a computer desktop that the slight distortion is noticeable. But, for my purpose, who cares.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I tilt my projector from behind my couch and use a vertical keystone of 2.

While this clearly affects stills at high resolution (Moire patterns and the like), I really can pot see the effects with DVDs or HDTV.

The HT1000 3d reform is quite good but of course using it is a compromise.

Joel

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use 2 clicks of keystone correction on the HT1000. It looks great to me -- much better than digital keystone correction on other projectors I've seen. You do lose a bit of resolution of course - the part of the panel that is being blanked out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.