AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nec ht1000 needs a new ballast for its bulb, and I found a nec lt260 that takes the same bulb as mine, and has the same shape outer casing, so would this ballast work in mine??

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Did you try PMing Sheridan1952? He might know. I have no idea. In theory you would think it'd work fine since both units take the same lamp, but I don't want to give you any misinformation.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The Power Supplies in both models have the same part numbers.

So...GO FOR IT and good luck!!

PS. You're lucky my service call was canceled and I got back in time to answer your query.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Not a problem. The Power Supplies and the Lamp Ballast Power Supplies are the same in both models. That's what I meant. I should have been more specific, sorry.

There are internal differences between the two projectors, the HT1000 is the Home Theater version of the LT260. The most obvious one being the Color Wheel. The firmware is also different.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thanks, i hope the ballast is good on this projector, its an as-is item because they didn't have any cords to test it. Its a surplus ebay seller, its only 30 bucks though, so not to much money.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
one more question just in-case i dont win this, is there any other models that have the same ballast?? like lt240, and such??

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I looked at the listing. You're right, it's as-is and they give no information as to the condition, so it is a gamble. Still, for the price, I'd take a chance and go for it. Let us know how it goes for you. I know you've been trying to get your projector back up, I hope this does it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgeteer123 /forum/post/18161186

well thanks, i hope the ballast is good on this projector, its an as-is item because they didn't have any cords to test it. Its a surplus ebay seller, its only 30 bucks though, so not to much money.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Probably, I just don't know off the top of my head. I'll have to go through the manuals and let you know.

EDIT...Just a quick check shows the LT220/240/260 all have the same ballast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgeteer123 /forum/post/18161205

one more question just in-case i dont win this, is there any other models that have the same ballast?? like lt240, and such??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
um, well it had half an hour left, and i went to do something and i missed the end of it
do you know where i can get a ballast in anyway for under $150???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts