AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nec ht1000 ceiling mounted with about 1050 hours on it and its is about 2.5 years old ,after about 3 hours of viewing it 1 pixel part way down from the top a third from the left side turns off, it only seems to go away when its cooled off ie- turned on the next day.Any thoughts

Sean

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
seems to be a "sticky" dlp mirror. not much you can do about it, out of warranty plus usual dlp issues require several mirrors to get stuck in most cases. On a side note, I can't believe the NEC HT1000 has been out for two and a half years already.... time sure flies...

·
Registered
56 Posts
A neighbor of mine bought a LT240 a while ago and had a similar issue. Believe it or not after a week long vacation, upon returning the problem was gone. That was something like 6 months ago, and as far as I know it has not returned.

This is probably not typical - but might be a good excuse for a trip to Disneyland!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Order NEC's hinge syringe and oil kit, (part# HS442103).

Highly recommended and regularly used by *Tryg on all his DLP projectors.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
I remember getting a tip to turn a PJ on and off several times to free a stuck mirror. Boy was that a bad idea! For the bulb I mean.

Hang in there maybe it will go away naturally.

·
Premium Member
7,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon S
seems to be a "sticky" dlp mirror. not much you can do about it, out of warranty plus usual dlp issues require several mirrors to get stuck in most cases. On a side note, I can't believe the NEC HT1000 has been out for two and a half years already.... time sure flies...
2 years is more on target for the HT1000.

I picked one up right around the 11/02 time frame, not long after our fearless leader Alan, had been evangelizing everyone on the forum.

No stuck pixels here, knock on wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.