AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw the ht1000 today in atlanta at a ht projector demo day. having seen the marantz, seleco,plv70,sony12ht, and infocus7200 i thought the nec gave them all a run for the money. sharp,clear, beautiful picture at a price half that of marantz and seleco. what more could anyone ask? any one have any comparisons they care to share on the nec vs other proj.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
has anyone seen the ht1000 and how it compares to higher priced projectors?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
There are a bunch of people in New York City who are putting together a HT1000 shootout and are trying to lay their hands on a HD2 PJ. I'm sure they will report their findings here in detail after the shootout. The HT1000's color and contrast are the equal of any digital projector on the market, the big question is whether the added resolution of a 16:9 chip is going to make that much difference.

MIKE

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Quote:
The HT1000's color and contrast are the equal of any digital projector on the market, the big question is whether the added resolution of a 16:9 chip is going to make that much difference.

MIKE [/b]
I agree Mike, although to be honest, I have not had the chance to do a side by side with any other projectors.

I am planning to visit Mark when his demo 7200 arrives, and I will bring my HT1000 along if Mark is interested.

I just put together a new grayscale test DVD. It has 5 IRE steps from 0 to 90 and then 92, 94, 96, 98 & 100. I am very interested in seeing just how the picture gamma plays with the IRE scale. There is definitely something interesting going on. I will post some more info later.

RJ

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Hi RJM321,

Can I ask which Mark you are referring to? The HT1000 sounds interesting. I think NEC produces pjs with outstanding colors in particular. It would be interesting to see the difference in resolution between the HT1000 and 7200 especially with native 720p HD material.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Quote:
Can I ask which Mark you are referring to? The HT1000 sounds interesting. I think NEC produces pjs with outstanding colors in particular. It would be interesting to see the difference in resolution between the HT1000 and 7200 especially with native 720p HD material. [/b]
I speaking of mark haflich who is located very close to me.

I am planning to visit with him as soon as he gets the 7200 in his shop and he has some time to tweak for best picture. So hopefully within the next couple of weeks, and maybe before Xmas.

RJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.