AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
The top row is audio inputs (as if anyone really wants to use the built in speaker!) - bottom row is for video inputs.

There are no video/audio output ports.

a second dvi input would have been nice

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
It would have been nice if there had been (1) additional row of connections for S-video, Component and particularly DVI. But there really is not alot of extra room given the sleek design of the projector.

An external video switch box has worked well for me so far, and I will no doubt add a 2x1 DVI switcher when I put the D1 online and Comcast upgrades my HD box to one with a DVI output.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by darkman6420
Where can i get a external external video switch box? Wut does it do? Does it have dvi and component?
Here is a DVI 2x1 switch, and they have a 4x1 coming.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/hd-DVI-2x1.htm

For component, I am using a 4x1 (3)RCA & S-Video switcher to switch the RGB going to the projector. It's not a true component video switcher, but it functions fine and it was cheap.

I switch my analog & digital audio on my 5.1 Receiver.

I plan on picking up one of those 2x1 DVI switchers in the next couple of weeks, or once comcast upgrades my HD decoder box.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy Shi* that's expensive for a 2x1 dvi i bet the 4x1 dvi will be twice as more. BTW i saw some true component switches on a google search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.