AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished setting up an NEC XG1350 in a sports bar, and I used an NEC IDC 3000 with it. When I use it with S-video from a DVD player, it works fine, when I use it from the composit out of a HDTV tuner, it works fine. But when I use the RGB pass-thru for HD from the HD reciever, it will not sync.

I am wondering if the sync has to be the same from the HD receiver going thru the NEC 3000. Is there a setting that I am missing on the 3000 to get it to match the RGB pass-thru? Anyone have a manual that can look it up, or shoot me a copy of it?

BTW, the NEC XG rocks! This guy has one of the best setups around, in a bar no less! HD tuner, Panny RP-91 DVD player and a Yamaha surround system!

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
You need to set up a seperate input on the XG for the "PASS THROUGH". Yes, different sync. Normal.

That's all.

Marc

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought the NEC IDC 3000 outputs 480p while the Hd tuner maybe 1080i or whatever setting is used(if at all its selectable). U need to have the Hd tuner go into a different input on the XG. Dont use the passthro' coz they dont share the same resolution.i.e. each resolution should have a different input on the XG.

I hope you dont have a long cable to run.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late response (worked all night).

Tinman, I have setup a seperate input for the 1080i from the HD tuner, so will try it again. Is the pass through limited in bandwidth on the 3000? Can it handle 1080i? Like I said, no manual or specs to check, so I need to ask :>)

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the late response (worked all night).

Tinman, I have setup a separate input for the 1080i from the HD tuner, so will try it again. Is the pass through limited in bandwidth on the 3000? Can it handle 1080i? Like I said, no manual or specs to check, so I need to ask :>)

Thanks,

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.