AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone in the New York City area know where I can view an NEC display? at this point I'll settle for one being used as a billboard since I want to get an idea of the aesthetics and build quality.

i'd really like to see the 42mp4 with a choice of source feeds, but it's been hard enough just finding reviews of this model.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sound City on 45th street had a 42" NEC on display for a while. It was the MP2 or 3 model I believe. I haven't been in there in a long time (the place kinda gives me the creeps), but you might check them out. If you find another place with NEC panels, please let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see any NEC at Sound City. yeah, the place is creepy, but the salesman seems to be the only one in the city who knows how to adjust a plasma picture.

he was pushing the 42" Sony Wega, which showed an HD source. I asked to see progressive DVD (another difficulty for NYC salespeople, apparently) and he obliged, resetting the picture to suit the change. he did a good job, too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I do not know what model this is but it is an NEC and it is the lounge of the Hilton Hotel on 6th Ave ( The Avenue of the America's) I was there last week and saw it. I am afraid this isn't a very good picture because people were looking at me funny taking the picture! This just doesen't do it justice, but this is a way to see one in action and not from a sales person.

PS) I got lost on 45th street. This was my first trip EVER to NYC it was great! I cannot wait to go back!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, LisaJ, i'll check it out.

i'm glad you enjoyed my humble town, sorry you got lost. i'll speak with someone at the DOT about better signage ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found the NEC motherload in NY: e*trade at Madison & 55th. they must have 100 of them, 50" and 42", on all the walls and support beams, on 3 floors!

(somehow it seems unfair that they have so many while others go without...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.